4.0 out of 5 stars PMP, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Head First PMP (Paperback)
I was waiting for this book to come out as the release date was moved back. I had been using the Head First PMP V2 but the PMI had updated the PMBOK 4 to 5, so it was an eagerly waited requirement for my studies.The way the book is laid out and the chapters delivered is good. It is nowhere as heavy reading as the PMBOK 5 but seems to get all the info in. Plenty of small tests and knowledge areas for you to ponder on and check the answers. At the end of the book is a full 200 question exam.
The book is let down though with quite a few mistakes ranging from giving you wrong page numbers for finding the answers to tests to mis printing the x's in boxes showing you the answers, so you are non the wiser to completely omitting some things which you later find in the answer section. I have questioned some of the answers and information that was given in the book and have read comments from other users that have informed the publisher of the issues. Probably down to the book being rushed and not properly proof read. Having said that I used the book in conjunction with PMBOK 5, and Pmp Exam Prep Book by Rita Mulcahy so was able to cross reference when I was unsure.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book was *invaluable* and my main study guide although I must add a few caveats - it's not quite enough and I highly recomm, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Head First PMP (Paperback)
Passed my PMI PMP exam today with highest level "Proficient" in all areas so over the moon. This book was *invaluable* and my main study guide although I must add a few caveats - it's not quite enough and I highly recommend augmenting it with notes from your training course (if you go on one) as there are some finer details not included in this book. The book also contains a few glaring errors which surprised me (particularly in the sample questions/exam). And the level of difficulty of the sample questions/exam provided in this book is far easier than what you will face on the actual test day so I recommend getting hold of as many other sample exam papers as you can, don't just rely on this book. Saying all that, this book was fantastic and I absolutely loved the way the information was presented (graphics, cartoons etc) which really helps simplify things, makes them easier to remember, and most of all makes it a bit fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I got this., 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Head First PMP (Paperback)
Excellent book - this book and some additional practice tests is all you need to prepare to pass your PMP. It makes learning the concepts easy and has lots of useful tips that all came up in the exam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 April 2015
This review is from: Head First PMP (Paperback)
Delivered on time and in excellent quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Dec. 2014
The best book I ever found for PMP

Head First PMP
Head First PMP by Andrew Stellman (Paperback - 29 Dec. 2013)