5.0 out of 5 stars Great RWD starting point
Recommended by Karen McGrane, this covers all you need to know to get started in responsive web design. No waffle, just gets straight to it - buy this book now!
Published 22 days ago by Nick Carraway

3.0 out of 5 stars familiar with designing sites? Get it, if not move on
Published 6 months ago by Darren Azzopardi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great RWD starting point, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Learning Responsive Web Design: A Beginner's Guide (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars familiar with designing sites? Get it, if not move on, 13 Aug. 2014
Darren Azzopardi (East Yorkshire, Hull) - See all my reviews
First up if you are a beginner don't touch this. Not because it wont help you but because it discusses topics such image optimisation, http requests, typography, semantics, css minimisation and more. These are the things I would expect you to know before you even pick up this book, especially when this book is about responsive design, which I feel is another skill level that needs to be added to your design knowledge.

The actual part that I wanted to get stuck in was learning responsive web design. Before I picked up this book I was familiar with sites being responsive, but I have personal habit of making sure I know what I know. I did pick up a few golden nuggets from this book. The whole ethos of what you get when you've finished reading is mainly about being responsible for your design, thinking about everything and starting your designs from the mobile first which isn't a bad thing, I just wanted to know more about responsive design.

There's no doubt Clarissa knows her stuff but here I think we're only getting part of that beautiful mind she has. This book sits proudly on my shelf.

Learning Responsive Web Design: A Beginner's Guide
Learning Responsive Web Design: A Beginner's Guide by Clarissa Peterson (Paperback - 27 Jun. 2014)