4.0 out of 5 stars excellent terminal and shell primer, 10 May 2013
I am not a programmer but have used unix based workstations for work in the nineties. I found this book a great way to bridge those early Unix experiences to being able to perform useful tasks today on a modern Mac. Would have liked another chapter or two of more advanced material but overall well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for begginers, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Learning Unix for OS X: Going Deep With the Terminal and Shell (Paperback)
If you want to introduce in the world of the unix commands on Mac; this is your book. It is short, but very precise. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable, 28 Jun 2013
Iain (South West England) - See all my reviews
Perhaps not a review headline many would expect in a technical book review, but I can honestly say that this book was a pleasure to read through and I looked forward to reaching out for this 'light read' in the best sense of a potentially 'heavy' subject. I've been an Ubuntu Linux command line user for several years and bought this book as a way to understand the differences in OS X's command line that had been baffling me from time to time using OS X Server Mountain Lion. So, although I already knew quite a bit about what the author was talking about, I found his writing style and depth of knowledge a really pleasant way to consolidate and extend my knowledge.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 Dec 2014