5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool
If you are looking for a great Filemaker resource -this is it as far as I am concerned.
Published on 8 Aug 2012 by Zoot

3.0 out of 5 stars Not at all complete
Published 17 months ago by nepule

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, 8 Aug 2012
I only downloaded this book yesterday and in 1/2 hour I have learned or been reminded of some amazing time saving tips. Having as a kindle version is also brilliant as it means I always have it with me (even if only on iphone) also am able to annotate it so I can find the bits that were important to me without having to make notes on scraps of paper.
This book is really well written and I would imagine it being of benefit to new users as well as Power users that are referred to with extra more tehcnical tips in each chapter.
I have been developing with Filemaker "in house" for 8+ years and this is the best resource I have come accross.
The Filemaker Traiing Series is very good but I am actually finding this more "real world" and better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 23 Mar 2013
If you are starting out from scratch its a good book, I've managed to write a database, and wanted learn more about scripting, the book does go into scripting but there isn't many examples or explanations to help a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can highly recommend this Missing Manual, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) (Paperback)
Excellent Guide - lots of information and written in a logical, clear, easily understood manner. Plus, a good Index makes it easy to find out how to do a specific task. I haven't found any errors so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent reference book for beginners and intermediates, 26 May 2014
As an experienced programmer of 'old-fashioned' IT systems, I struggled with FileMaker until I read this book. Some popular series of manuals can be frivolous and patronising towards dummies, but this one just tells you what you need to know. At 900+ pages, it's packed with useful info. Just don't try to read it all at once.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not at all complete, 13 Mar 2013
I have always purchased the missing manuals when buying softwares, and normally they are 5 star. However, this manual let me down badly on one of the most important functions.... that is emailing to found records. The setting up advice was sparse to say the least, no tips on trouble shooting, no mention of a plug in required to run with Outlook and generally in this area a big let down. I have used Filemaker over the past ten years, but feedback tells me this software has had it's day. I maybe wrong on this, but when seeking advice, met mostly with - you are still using that software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 29 Dec 2012
I have found this book packed with lots of practical tips for developing FileMaker Pro 12 databases. I highly would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comprehensive Manual, 4 April 2014
And a useful doorstop / small step too!
A must for every Filemaker home.
I'm only adding more words as I have to to post this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Filemake Pro12 review, 22 Jan 2014
I am looking for a book to give a complete newcomer a quick start in creating and using a Filemaker Pro12 db. I am previously an Access user and moved to MAC. Maybe Filemaker is as easy as Access but I haven't been able to find it through this book as yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good way to start, 7 Oct 2013
As everybody else I checked the reviews. So far the book is quite good, better than many others. Recommended for beginners

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent all rounder, 25 Feb 2013
I am familiar with databases but didn't have the first clue about FileMaker (a recent Mac convert), so I wanted a book that was comprehensive. This book starts from the beginning; what is a database... What surprised me was my reluctance to skip bits, I thought-I know all this, yet I was still compelled to read on. Nice style of writing, not too formal, all terms explained clearly without being condescending to migrating database programmers.

If you need a comprehensive FileMaker Pro 12 manual - this is it.

FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
FileMaker Pro 12: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) by Stuart Gripman (Paperback - 3 Aug 2012)
18.65