5.0 out of 5 stars I love it
Published on 22 Jan 2012 by Discombobulated

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money
I bought the Kindle version of this and wish I hadn't have bothered, it's useless, no technical info to speak of and frankly it hasn't taught me anything that I hadn't already figured out by myself. At least if I had bought the paper version I could have sold it on or burnt it for warmth one cold night. Steer well clear.
Published on 22 Jun 2011 by Midge

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money, 22 Jun 2011
Midge "Midge Spencer" (Soul Fan, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Motorola Xoom: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) (Paperback)
I guess it depends on who you are and what you are looking for. I am a non techie first time user, I use a desktop PC, have never had a smart phone so need a little help with technology I am not familiar with. This book explains the functions of the Xoom clearly and simply without confusing me with techie information I don't need at this stage. It's a pity there was nothing like this included in the pack, but this beats having to keep asking my son! With the aid of this book I am absolutely loving my Xoom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eureka, 5 Sep 2012
M. G. Law - See all my reviews
Boughta a Xoom 2 legitimately but with no box or instructions. Downloading a PDF would have used half a rainforest but this book is simple to follow and step by step let's you achieve the best from your tablet. Cannot praise it high enough. As there are a series of manuals check it out. Excellent

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let-down, 11 Jun 2012
Dr. G. N. Hone (Wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
Not the best of the "Missing Manuals" series. I guess that with the XOOM having been overtaken by the XOOM 2, this will not be updated. This is a shame, because there is some good stuff in here - but it is not well organised. Lots of information is inside the covers, if you can find it.
It is out of date, in that the later models of the XOOM Wi-Fi were on Android 3.2, while this is still stuck on Android 3. As a result, some of the instructions do not work. I can only assume that the author was given a pre-production XOOM, and did not bother to check for updates. Really, there is too much detail that you don't need to get started, but not enough of the detail that you do need. The index is not the best one I have ever used - it should be regarded as a guide to what could be found. I think that I will get a lot of use out of it, but it could have been so much better. When all the XOOMs have been upgraded to Android 3.4 (as is now available in the US) I think its usefulness will fall very sharply.

Motorola Xoom: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Motorola Xoom: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) by Preston Gralla (Paperback - 5 Jun 2011)
12.97