5.0 out of 5 stars A golf book stuffed full of wisdom
Published on 31 Aug 2010 by Dr. David R. Meakin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not complete
This book has not been converted correctly for the Kindle as it has words missing or incomplete and you have to work it out for your self
Published 15 months ago by Roy McGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars A golf book stuffed full of wisdom, 31 Aug 2010
I have just finished this marvellous book by Brian Sparks;who unusually for a golf coach/author is British.I probably have over 40 golfing manuals and most are written by American authors.This book is more akin to Extraordinary Golf: The Art of the Possibleby Fred Shoemaker,than Swing Like a Pro: The Breakthrough Scientific Method of Perfecting Your Golf Swingby Ralph Mann and Fred Griffin.Brian Sparks has distilled the wisdom of 40 years as a golf pro and coach into a delightful and easily read 200 pages.

Brian Sparks describes the essentials of the golf swing as La Danse du Golf;as he formulated many of his ideas as a coach in France.The basics of La Danse du Golf include,Turning,Weight Shift,Rhythm,Balance,Coordination and Souplesse.He describes what he means by these terms by reference to stories and anecdotes,many of which are charming tales in their own right.He is very critical about the direction of golf instruction has taken in Britain and elsewhere in the world.He illustrates ,again with stories the destructive effect of a mechanistic approach to golf where golfers are encouraged to act like players going through various phases of time lapse photography and trying to create difficult grip angles and painful body torques.He explains why most of us would be better off dumping the tension we have been encouraged to adopt in our swing and adopting softer arms,more foot movement and allowing''heaven forbid'' the head to move within the body turn.

After reading this book I felt that I had read a clear account about how to approach developing my golf swing and how to approach playing;by a very wise golf sage.This book would be of appeal to people just starting the game and those suffering from years of paralysis by analysis and the toxic effects of modern golf tuition.I think Brian Sparks would like to create a John Daly out of all of us:but not the ''grip it and rip it '' merchant he is of the tee,rather the soft armed rhythmical genius he is around the green.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not complete, 9 Jun 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Kindle version, 29 Aug 2012
The Kindle version has surely been proofread by a 6 year old, or not at all.
Glaring typos appear at least twice on every page and your eye tends to be consistently drawn to these rather than the text.
Though I was trying to enjoy what was being written, it makes for painful reading... on a Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Impact Golf, 7 April 2011
This review is from: Positive Impact Golf: Inspiring Golfers To Liberate Their Potential (Paperback)
I must thank Brian Sparks and "La Danse du Golf" for reintroducing enjoyment back into my golf. Giving me less to think about, the natural ingredients of 'La Danse' have enabled me to comfortably strike the ball without too much thought or effort. I am still surprised that a reduction in 'essential techniques' should make such a marked improvement to my game. But it does make so much sense. Thank you Brian.

5.0 out of 5 stars sonny nairn, 23 Mar 2011
A. H. A. Nairn "sonny nairn" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having spent my earlier years playing 'at golf' whilst trying to earn a living, and getting nowhere it is now a tremendous relief to discover it wasn't all my fault that the game was so difficult. I now understand the basics of the 'danse du golf' from reading the book and watching the video of Brian's swing and golf has been transformed into a pleasure to be enjoyed and not simply endured. The basic philosophy of the 'le danse' is in my view applicable to life in general and therefore is easy to relate to golf. Self awareness and tuning into my own potential by letting go of the restrictions previously taught by tradition methods has been a revelation. As I write, i have just returned from 18 holes in a pretty difficult course which a played fairly well in terms of scoring; but the real pay off is the pleasure i derived from playing in relaxed manner with a far greate degree of confidence. By the way i have only bought my own set of clubs within the last 2 years, and I am 72 years old so there's hope for everyone. Thank you Brian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Impact Gol, 8 Jan 2011
A totaly different approach to both golf swing and thought train
Well worth a read and some experimentation, results are stunning and the enjoyment factor increased ten fold.
author deserves a meadal for having the courage to blow away the myths and mumbo jumbo, the book is writen in a style anyone outside the worl top 100 golfers can relate to

5.0 out of 5 stars Golfing instructional book, 19 Feb 2014
Yes excellent book has immediately dropped my golf score easy read with lots of good tips looking forward to the improvements continueing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for a novice or a scratch golf player., 29 Dec 2013
I found it inspiring and liberating my potentials of playing golf by simplifying the concepts of a very convoluted game. The author has given several examples of people who succeeded playing good golf forgetting the complex jargons used to understand in order to play better golf. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the book involving author's personal health issues which interfered his golf but his spirits kept him going. He adds human touch to the game which is lacking with modern teaching. This aspect of his expertise comes to light if you join his coaching golfing holiday. You have the opportunity of seeing his teaching skills and techniques in "YouTube" and the number of hits.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the most interesting books I have read on golf, 22 Dec 2013
As a keen club golfer I found this book difficult to put down. It explains how you can improve your golf by understanding aspects of the game that most books on the subject ignore or never question.
I would recommend this book to aspiring high to medium handicap golfers of all ages. What have you got to lose? Hopefully a few strokes off your handicap and more enjoyable golf.
The quality of the photographs could be better but the written words of wisdom more than make up for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars POSITIVE IMPACT GOLF, 2 Dec 2010
ALLAN WILD (WEST SUSSEX. UK.) - See all my reviews
POSITIVE IMPACT GOLF by Brian Sparks, is certainly one of the most illuminating reads on golf. I have adopted a complete change of attitude in my game. I am not as annoyed with my poor shots, I am getting improvement and more satisfaction out of my play. This is after over 40, years of golf and a one time single figure handicap, now in my teens.

Positive Impact Golf: Inspiring Golfers To Liberate Their Potential