on 17 August 2007
I've always been a bit scared of money, I don't really understand the investment market and I'm never sure which way it is wise to jump - especially at the moment. I've always shied away from books about personal finance as when i read the first page my head starts to spin. But having enjoyed the other Rules books I thought I'd give this one a go and I've found it fantastic. Really helped me understand how the wealthy think and simple things I can do to have more money. There's a lot of common sense in here "Spend less than you earn" but it's the kind of common sense that you need to be reminded to put into practice. So if you want to be wealthier then this book will certainly put you on the right track.
on 25 February 2007
This book is designed to train your mind to work in a way that rich & wealthy people do. By re-programming your mind to stick to the rules, your finances will improve, even if you are not looking make loads of cash. It becomes automatic and you are suprised at how much money you are left with at the end of each month without realising you've been doing it. May not turn your life around but you WILL be better off!
on 5 February 2007
I have read all the "Rules of" books published and they do share some core ideas, as well as a very consistent style. I did however feel that the Rules of Wealth contained lots of new material and would strongly recommend this new member of the dynasty. It is not a classic "get rich quick" text, it is much better than that!
on 21 January 2007
This is no get rich quick book for those looking for an easy fix to their money problems. It is, however, a guide book for those wanting to set of down the right road to massing wealth - and you're never too old to do this it appears. If you follow this book, you will end up richer if you follow all the strategies in the book. Although, it's not going to happen over night, next week or two three months down the line. It's a long term investment.

It's not for lazy people, who want to make it rich quick, so save your money. If your keen and real want to be rich, buy the book, follow Richard's advice and hopefully, you could feature in the UK 100 wealthiest people in several year time. You might even beat me...!!

A very useful guide to putting you on the right track for wealth
on 11 September 2007
Most books about money are impossible to read and hard to understand. This one is different. Entertaining - in fact downright funny in places - and wise it's not really about money at all but about you and your attitude. I love the Rules books and this one is as good as the others i've read.
on 20 December 2007
This is for the financial amateurs amongst us. Those who need some basic guidelines on how to get wealthier. Most of this is common sense, but worth following, examining compound interest, patching up financial leaks and not scrimping on that capuccino (you won t make a significant savings and you will just feel miserable).
on 30 January 2015
I came across this in my local library. Read it and liked it so much i figured it deserved a place on my shelves. Its a keeper. As others have mentioned this is not a how to get rich such as 'how to spot the next big share etc etc, how to invest etc'. Its about attitude, common sense stuff and habits that will enable you to keep focused on your goals and help you achieve them. I find I return to the book, dipping in and out, to help keep my focus on things. Its also an entertaining read. For the price of a couple of lattes its well worth it!
on 19 March 2012
This wealth book is well written and has a very conversational tone. Richard Templar is very straightforward and gets to the point without beating around the bush. A very honest look at building income on a firm foundation and not through get rich schemes. He gauges the audience to focus on reality and strategy. 'The rules of wealth,' is worth the price and the time. But, Richard is not a sweet talking all hype motivational speaker. Yet, his sharp tongue will inspire you to make the decision to charge your financial future and reality.
on 6 June 2012
This book was a recommendation from my MD and has not let me down. It does what it says on the tin and is fantastic for referencing at later stages. This is not a get rich quick book though, and is just there for practical advice about money management.
Also an enjoyable read as the author references real life situations to make this relatable and whitty.
on 8 October 2013
having already read and enjoyed the 'the rules' for life, thought I would give this ago. I can't say any thing good about this(sorry to the author) just two things really stuck out of any use if you haven't thought of them already. 'offshore banking and compound interest' so go look into both for your investments and don't waste your money on this book.