4.0 out of 5 stars Sound guide, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Doctor Faustus (York Notes for AS & A2) (Paperback)
This is a good entry-level guide for this A level text. I used it with my AQA Spec B students to get some of the basic commentary and additional ideas. Contextual information is good and for a C grade-ish student it will do the job excellently. Should you be looking to gain a higher grade, it's a good stepping stone for your own research and investigations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Helped, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Doctor Faustus (York Notes for AS & A2) (Paperback)
I've not given this five stars simply for the fact that I felt that although it did help and I could not have done the course without it, the example essays in the back were just atrocious, definitely not an 'A' grade standard as it claimed to be.

Overall however, I found this was extremely useful in extending my knowledge of context and key issues that I had never thought of.
If you can filter out the stuff that you really will never use and highlight the best bits, this really is a useful companion to the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars AQA A2 English Literature (spec B), 19 May 2013
This review is from: Doctor Faustus (York Notes for AS & A2) (Paperback)
This revision guide was beneficial to my studies, it contained the exact information that i required and helped me prepare for my A2 examinations. I would recommed these York notes for anyone who is sitting the AQA A2 English Literature spec B examinations

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for A2, recommend!, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Doctor Faustus (York Notes for AS & A2) (Paperback)
Very useful and relevant to my English Literature A2 lessons. There is a great use of colour/images and its very organised, I love it!

Doctor Faustus (York Notes for AS & A2)
Doctor Faustus (York Notes for AS & A2) by Jill Barker (Paperback - 20 July 2012)
5.59