Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 May 2011
A great read, Full of useful information provided in an easy-to-read format which leaves you raring to go rather than overloaded.

I've read numerous conversion guides and manuals but this has been the first one that had me reading cover to cover and thinking 'I can do that!' as its set out in such a straightforward way.

Overall - Very recommended, perhaps not the most technical guide but I'd rather seek that out online anyway!
on 27 September 2015
I had great expectations for this book. Unfortunately it fell significantly short of them. The author goes into considerable detail in areas such as insulation which I didn't feel warranted such.I would have preferred more detail on the electrics and plumbing. Also it would have been helpful for the reader if the installation of a WC was included. The author decided not to include this in his project. Furthermore, the quality of the photos in the book is appalling, I just found their inclusion annoying and frustrating as most of them were illegible from an instructional perspective.Overall, the book was presented in a very amateur fashion. No excuses given the hardware& software the very average layperson has at hand for bargain basement prices ,which if even half utilised would produce a far superior book.
on 19 July 2011
I would have given it five; but was looking for ideas on a Day Van project after creating one some years ago, which was some what uuuuummm basic, the wife hated it; but grew to like it and was sad to see it sold to her nephew. I think Colin Grace has done a good job, well written, with plenty of practical tips, ideas and contacts. It would have helped a lot with my first attempt!!
If I do get round to my Day van project, I will make sure it is close at hand, as you can dip in and out of the book.
One other thought, it makes a change in that the base vechile is not a VW or Merc.
on 11 September 2014
I was very disappointed that the photos are in black & white. There's a lack of clarity and the price definitely justified colour pictures. It is reasonably informative but I feel it works as a backup reference to more comprehensive manuals, not as a stand alone reference.
on 20 September 2013
Has been very informative and easy to follow ,it has been ideal for the information that I required
even contacted the author by e-mail and was very helpful
on 17 January 2014
Dated write up, diagram print is very fuzzy and in place unreadable.
You would be better off joining one of the many excellent forums, for advice.
on 13 May 2013
The book is just what I was after as I have the same Ford Transit bus as Colin. I like his approach to his conversion and the professional way he went about documenting all the relevant information. The only down side I have with the book is the quality of photos, I realise coloured pictures in a book this price is asking a bit much but some of the detailed shots I would have appreciated in colour.
Armed with Colin's informative book, his eye for detail explaining each step, I'm keen tackle my camper van conversion.
on 14 November 2015
extremely useful conversion book, the only downsides are some of the slightly grainy black and white photographs which are somewhat difficult to see.
on 13 July 2011
the book was very good but did not have enough detail for me to carry out works particularly electrics and plumbing
I will have to obtain further information which is a pity as remainder was usefull.
on 30 August 2015
I like it, bit disappointed with the pics, how ever it has plenty of really useful info