5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably accurate!
When I first picked this book up I was filled with sceptism about Chinese Astrology but after reading an almost perfect (85%-90%) accuracy on my own astrological sign I was hooked!
Since buying a copy almost 6 years ago I have bought at least 4 others for friends and family who have also all been astonished by her accuracy!
Suzanne White's book is a highly...
Published on 27 Sep 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars UNFORTUNATELY BIASSED
Published on 4 Nov 2000 by JOHN LITTLE

3.0 out of 5 stars UNFORTUNATELY BIASSED, 4 Nov 2000
I was born in the Year of the Goat, and Ms White's personal experiences with Goats - the text strongly suggests male Goats in particular - has lent her analysis of this Chinese sign a rather unfortunate bias, in the 'anti' direction! Having said that she is spot on in general, and the book (padding and all) is a good addition to the repetoire. I am a full time astrologer (Western) and author, and would deem it rather unprofessional if I was to baldly state, for example, that "all Geminis are two-faced". I am astonished at the accuracy of Chinese astrology, and Ms White's book will I am sure astonish many others - whilst also disconcertiong quite a few Goats!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably accurate!, 27 Sep 2001
By A Customer
Suzanne White's book is a highly enjoyable read and it made me both laugh out loud and cry at the same time. Very highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Has predictions until 2019!, 29 Jun 2008
This book is enjoyable and well put together. I thoroughly recommend this as either a fun read or if you are looking for something a little more serious on the subject. You can just pick out the bits you want or read the whole thing about your chosen sign its really up to you! As for other comment, the book has predictions until 2019 you must have older version.

3.0 out of 5 stars The New Chinese Astrology, 23 July 2005
By A Customer
This book is a very interesting introduction to all things about Chinese astrology, however, I would like to point out that the book synopsis states that it "combines both Western and Chinese astrology systems". It doesn't. Not even a little bit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dilettantish!!!, 8 Nov 2006
A friend bought it for me for my last birthday. I generally enjoy this kind of books as light subway reading and over the years have read heaps. This was one of the worst amongst the ones I own (well usually I choose them myself). Firstly the book does not offer a complete introduction to Chinese astrology. It does not discuss the secret animal or the inner animal (they depend on the hour and month of your birth) , their importance in Chinese astrology and how they interact with your principal sign (that depends on the year).

It is very superficial and I found it annoying that Ms White took for granted that anyone would be interested in her personal experiences with representators of each animal. The book is full with 'my dear friend X did that, typical ox, my secretary did that, typical monkey'. I am under the impression that rather than studing her subject she made a psycological profile based of the people she met that were born on those years. The episodes from her friends' lives are the longest part of the book. Do not buy: it is a bad astrology book and if you just want a light underground reading prefer a light novel or exercise those little grey cells with some sudoku.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a rip-off, 30 Aug 2006
Autumnmiss "G" (somewhere over the rainbow) - See all my reviews
This book boasts that it includes forecasts for each sign for the next 12 years. Sounds great right? Until you discover that the book is now 12 years old and the last forecast was for 2005. It is disgusting that this book has not been updated to either cut out the forecasts or update them to 12 years from now. The only reason I have given it 2 stars is because the read outs are long and interesting.

Beware, this book is not what it seems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing insight through Chinese Astrology, 3 Aug 2011
A fascinating and indeed revealing insight into chareacter and behaviour of many people. Many questions answered and many pitfalls avoided. An excellent book to take either seriously or lightheartedly. Wouldn't be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinese Signs, 16 Sep 2009
Suzanne White is an excellent writer on the subject of Chinese Astrology and although I haven't read this particular copy, as it is a gift for a cute little Dragon, I will be ordering a copy for my own collection shortly. Thanks, Peter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Nov 2014
Very comprehensive guide. Well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug 2014
Great book, gave this one away!

The New Chinese Astrology