5.0 out of 5 stars I have energy and no headaches now
Published 1 month ago by P. Faletas

2.0 out of 5 stars Quitting sugar? Just eat Stevia instead....
I ordered this book in anticipation but was disappointed. Firstly, the statement 'I quit sugar' is flawed as this book is full of recipes that include sweeteners such as stevia and argave syrup.
Published 26 days ago by MISS M J DE BULAT

5.0 out of 5 stars I have energy and no headaches now, 19 Jun 2014
P. Faletas - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Quit Sugar for Life: Your fad-free wholefood wellness code and cookbook (Paperback)
Brilliant book. Very easy to read and follow. This isn't a diet book, it's just a sensible way of eating and it really makes sense. Sugar was making me feel ill and I hadn't realised. I have so much more energy now and I have lost weight although this wasn't an issue for me as I was already a normal, healthy weight. My headaches have practically disappeared too. I haven't used any of the sweet recipes though as I'd rather just not eat sweet things anymore. Savoury and full fat are enough and I feel full after every meal so do even think about snacking.
Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing, 26 May 2014
Austin (Stockport, England) - See all my reviews
I did the 8 week detox using Sarah's book and this is a great follow on. The detox helps you to drastically reduce your sugar consumption. In the detox you do quit sugar for a month but then you rebuild in 2 pieces of fruit and the odd treat so it's not completely sugar free but your aiming for about 10g or less a day
I feel so much better, I eat when I'm hungry now and feel in control of my eating rather than food controlling me. My head feels clearer too. I've lost some weight - gradually which is an added bonus. I didn't have sugar in tea and coffee but I did buy some ready meals and some processed foods - so I was probably consuming a lot more sugar than I realised. I've always struggled with my weight and have come to the conclusion that sugar in food could be a factor.
This book is good because there are some menu plans to give you some ideas for your weekly shop. All the receipes I've tried so far have been very tasty. I mostly cook from scratch now which takes more time but is definately more satisfying and I know what's going in my body too.
I love Sarah's philosophy about not wasting food - she sticks to some basic ingredients which means that once you've stocked up you can make a lot of the meals/ treats. Saves on storage and waste. She's also a big fan of using up what you have and a lot of her suggestions are how to use up bits and pieces. BRILL! I also love the fact that although she gives ways of making things like cream cheese she's not to precious about using bought products when you need to.
The only disadvantage I find is it's taking a while to wrap my head around the ideas - but I'm really excited to try. It's a very way of living to what I'm used to and life-style changes are always time consuming. The whole philosophy behind the book is living a healthier - but enjoyable- lifestyle and without making impossible changes and I'm a big fan.
I live in Britain (England) and so far sourcing the more unusual ingredients isn't impossible, I've found some in the supermarkets, amazon and healthfood shops. When I see a product I need now I tend to buy multiples and make a note of where I got it from. But as a lot of her receipes are based on good meats, veggies and berries a lot of stuff can be found in any grocery store.
Being Australian her ingredients are measured in cups but she gives grams in brackets.
Would recomend this book if you've done the sugar detox or you just want to try some of the receipes

5.0 out of 5 stars A vibrant, well-researched, inspiring book!, 12 May 2014
Sarah Wilson strikes again with her inimitable good humour, intelligent discussion, and WONDERFUL recipes for a thoroughly enjoyable 'read 'n' rendezvous' with your kitchen, haha!

I am still sifting through the pages as this is a new addition to my cookbook catalogue, but I am already impressed with her extreme wealth of knowledge and the colourful and BEAUTIFULLY presented recipes that practically dance off the pages in their excited fervour. Even things I wouldn't have considered or could be arsed to try, I am now literally chomping at the bit to give a go and make a regular part of my holistic health routine; trust me, this is an invaluable resource for anyone suffering from autoimmune disease (especially thyroid issues, but autoimmune issues share many of the same problems such as chronic inflammation and low immune system function, skin issues, extreme hormonal ups and downs, toxicity, fatigue - you name it) and indeed anyone with a chronic sugar addiction (guilty, very guilty - like, emergency butter and icing sugar at midnight guilty and sneak eating to avoid embarrassment) will find her guidelines a godsend. Yes, it takes commitment, time, and organisation - but once you get a handle on your issues with sugar (be it psychological or physiological - usually both go hand in hand), the ride is a smoother sail towards greater health and wellness of body and mind. I have been following her for quite some time now, and have been implementing the recipes and guidelines from her first (also excellent) book "I Quit Sugar" which, if you aren't going to be lazy with, will set your journey off equally as well. I must admit though that this book takes it many steps further as Sarah builds upon her prior (and very sound) understanding of the complexities of nutritional healing and incorporates a multi-faceted approach to quitting sugar (or rather, excess fructose consumption - the one that has been proven to be significantly linked to diseases such as cancer for example) in this publication that is truly the "icing on the cake", ha! And you'll certainly be enjoying your less harmful "cream cheese frosting" with rice malt syrup vigour and enthusiasm, I assure you ;)

Buy this book. Live your life free of this insideous addiction. Reclaim your health, your happiness, your self-control, your freedom from being held back by anything weighing you down. No regrets :)

4.0 out of 5 stars You can live without sugar!, 23 July 2014
Easier to follow than you think. You have to be determined to follow this and I am now on week 5 and not touched anything sweet in that time. The book is interesting to read although sometimes i wish it had more information on natural things that are higher in sugar than you think, I was confused on tin tomatoes!
Don't go into this just to lose weight it is not a diet it is a new way of life and thinking. Be prepared by making sure you have things to snack on like nuts and cheese and you will find it easier than you think, and expect to feel a bit rubbish for a few weeks. I recommend buying the cook book at the same time as it will give you more ideas for eating too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 30 Jun 2014
A must for anyone interested in their health. Easy to follow uncomplicated recipies & beautifully illustrated. Sarah is passionate but not preachy about her cause. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have both of Sarah's books and the difference they have made to my health and well being are really quite amazing! I would rec, 11 July 2014
Fabulous book! I have both of Sarah's books and the difference they have made to my health and well being are really quite amazing! I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to get off the sugar roller coaster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 11 July 2014
Beautifully illustrated and very inspirational. As a nutritionist with a passion for raw and wholesome food I approve of this book 100%

2.0 out of 5 stars Quitting sugar? Just eat Stevia instead...., 4 July 2014
For someone who has a high sugar diet, eating plenty of starches, fruit and baked goods such as pastries etc , I can imagine that this food plan would work wonders. Having followed a paleo lifestyle since February and wanting an extra boost, this plan would not be suitable as stevia, although a plant is exceptionally sweet and processed. There are also a lot of recipes including dairy, which is not recommended for a paleo lifestyle.
The book itself is interesting and the layout is easy to navigate.
If you would like an introduction to quitting sugar, this book would be a good start

5.0 out of 5 stars Think it's a good idea, would love to give it a go ..., 22 July 2014
Think it's a good idea, would love to give it a go with my husband, but need the book. It's too difficult to flick back and forth on the Kindle. I am visually impaired, so the Kindle is brilliant, need the book so the husband can read the recipes out and get us on the road to healthier and slimmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
F. Muscroft "Fran" (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
Enjoying the book, yet to make anything from it.

I Quit Sugar for Life: Your fad-free wholefood wellness code and cookbook