4.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure
I love Ann Cleeves books Vera and the Shetland books kept me enthralled. This book is so different that it took me some time to get in to it and sort out the characters. However it soon held me and I was once again transported to the countryside that she describes so well. Her descriptions of places are in Technicolor. I would recommend anyone to try it out.
Published 18 months ago by Mrs. B. Curtis

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard work reading this book
Rather too complicated, difficult to keep track of all the characters.
We live in Northumberland, so it was easy to establish the location and enjoy the description of the countryside.
Not one of her best, it didn't tempt to try more of the same.
Published 20 months ago by R. G. Ritchie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure, 11 Dec. 2013
Mrs. B. Curtis (Luton Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard work reading this book, 10 Nov. 2013
Rather too complicated, difficult to keep track of all the characters.
Not one of her best, it didn't tempt to try more of the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tangled web, 28 Jun. 2013
This books works on all levels. The complete destruction of one family. Power gets you nowhere and underlined by revenge for all past ills. George and Molly need to unravel this web and free the innocent. Done superbly well by Ann who never fails to deliver a great read. Be prepared because you will not want to put this book down

3.0 out of 5 stars Not The Best, 23 Jan. 2014
Not the best Ann Cleeves Ihave read. Found the characters very uninteresting -not rounded enough for me. `I love Ann Cleeves normally but if this had been the first one I had read I would not have bothered to read her again.Surprised to find this is one of her later books!

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent mystery, 12 Oct. 2013
Intriguing story, lots of twists and turns to keep you occupied. Not sure if I found the ending satisfying or not as I felt there were some aspects of the story left unanswered but for all that, it's a very good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Writer, 14 Feb. 2015
Mr. G. Johns "Master Mason 6407" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Once again, Ann Cleeves writes another thriller involving George & Molly - and this time, I sussed out the killer before the end, which is unusual with this marvellous author.

4.0 out of 5 stars A plot that languishes ., 9 Oct. 2014
The characters in the story are carefully developed. The murder is put on the stage and the consequences ebb and flow in an intriguing pattern. It is worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 18 Jun. 2015
George and Molly are delightful, and make a great team. This is an excellent murder mystery, peopled with a really interesting mix of characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying read, 1 July 2013
Well written and held my attention to the end. I will definitely send off for her other books now and that is the highest praise I can give!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Jun. 2013
Like all anne cleeves books thoroughly enjoyable we'll plotted tight and immensely readable. Would recommend to all my friends and family

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Another Man's Poison (Palmer-Jones 6) (Bello)
Another Man's Poison (Palmer-Jones 6) (Bello) by Ann Cleeves (Paperback - 23 May 2013)
Used & New from: £27.57