4.0 out of 5 stars A good Story, not the best, 27 Feb 2014
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Usually, I get through books pretty fast, reading several each month. However, this one has been with me since December last year (through no fault of it), and perhaps that's affected my enjoyment, but it still gets a 4 star rating though, despite the length of time taken to read it.

The story, follows Rector, newly turned 18 and kicked out of the orphanage to find his way in life. Rector - a Sap addict - decides to head inside the walled section of the city of Seattle, to try and get a job as a Sap dealer, and feed his addiction. From here, the adventure starts in true Cherie Priest style.

I won't say too much more about the plot, in case I give away too much, but there's a lot of familiar faces, a bit of fighting, adventure, explosions, and something else - something Inexplicable.

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the reveal for The Inexplicable - I had hoped for something a bit more monsterish. that said, the book was enjoyable. Rector was a good character, whom you aren't sure if you should be liking or disliking at the start.

If you've read this far in the series, you'll more than likely be reading this regardless of the reviews. I'd recommend reading this, as it is a good addition to the series - just don't expect too much from it - more of a second in trilogy type book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steampunk Adventure, 15 Mar 2013
I have purchased all 4 of the Boneshaker series plus the side story (Clementine) and found all of them to be excellent and would rate all of the previous books at five stars.
For some reason this book did not grab me as quickly as all the previous books and It was some time befire I really got into the new character of Rector (Red).
Still a very good read and well worth perservering with the book.
I would have no reservation in buying any book written by this auther.

The Inexplicables (Clockwork Century 4)
The Inexplicables (Clockwork Century 4) by Cherie Priest (Paperback - 14 Feb 2013)
5.59