Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 June 2016
An accidental meeting on the road leads to a search for a missing father. King and Maxwell find themselves embroiled in a case involving an undercover operation run by the military which is far from straight forward and perhaps just a little dishonest?

Another great tale from Baldacci, the man tells a good story, easy to listen to and follow the plot.

I think from this you can see why TV was interested, the characters bounce off each other well.
on 2 June 2014
I've really enjoyed the other books in this series but this left me very disappointed. Probably won't look out for the next one
on 19 August 2014
This is once again a great story with Maxwell and King as the super heroes. The only downside, would be the Political content. This subject could be of interest to a lot of readers, but while I know is part of the story, I'm afraid, in this case, it left me a bit bewildered. Having said that, on the whole, the plot was first rate and I did enjoy the story. I do like D.B's books and I feel there are a lot of readers who would enjoy this book. So go for it.
on 15 April 2014
I really liked this, not as much as 'Simple Genius' but it's good. I think it's because we knew who the bad guys were very quickly.
In this one Sean and Michelle do what they do best...mix with the alphabet agencies, annoy them, get powerful allies and solve the case.
Will they ever get 'together?' The romantic in me would like to think so.
So - a good read, not overly complicated.
on 2 July 2014
Not quite to the standard of the previous K&M books, probably because the format is by now familiar.
on 26 October 2015
Despite being a huge fan of Baldacci having read nearly all of his books I was really looking forward to the latest King and Maxwell story. In the end I had to force myself to finish the book, skipping whole pages of nauseating clichéd drivel. Weak storyline, weak characters. Huge disappointment and has made me re-think regarding further purchases of Mr Baldaccis future works.
on 30 December 2013
King & Maxwell lead the way through another fast paced adventure. There are enough twists & turns to keep you guessing right to the end. Again David Baldacci leaves us hanging with another will they or won't they get together plus the tantalising prospect of a new partner joining their close knit team. We will have to wait patiently for the next blockbuster to feature the duo.
on 2 January 2015
As long as you are able to give your imagination free reign this is a good story. It relies on your total belief on a number of coincidences. That said I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is fast paced with the action never ending. As I stated the ending is totally unexpected and adds a nice touch but you will get no clues from me go out and buy it and read it
on 8 May 2016
Excellent finale to the series with strong characterisations and character dialogue. Clever ending allows the series to be picked up and continued of author so decides. If you enjoyed the preceding stories, you need to read this one too. If you aren't a fan, well, just move on........
on 29 December 2013
Big Baldacci fan. It's been a while since we've had a King and Maxwell book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's well written and I didn't get bored at any point. It's written in the Baldacci style that I love - if your a fan of Lee Child, them give David Baldacci a try