5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, even after reading it for a third time
Published on 5 Jan 2011 by Mimi Servante

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh, not a believable story
Published 18 months ago by KJdancer

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, even after reading it for a third time, 5 Jan 2011
Mimi Servante (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
I have never mourned a book as much as Players when I came to the brilliantly choreographed blockbuster ending. I mourned the characters, I mourned the familiar Northcote setting and Swan's seamless, silky narrative. I'm reading it for a third time and still gasp as events unfold, even though I know how it ends. This book is far too clever to be dubbed 'Chick Lit' and should not be judged by its cover which completely fails to do it justice. Mums will laugh out loud at some of the razor sharp observations of child-rearing! Buy two copies - one to keep and one to give your best friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, waiting for another of Karen's books, 5 Sep 2010
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
I was really surprised with this book in a very good way. l started to read it thinking it would be like Katie Price's books, which isn't a bad thing as l enjoy her books, but this book had a lot more to offer than l thought. Not a easy light heart read which l thought it would be but instead a gripping story which has a big mystery throughout the whole book with things unravelling all the way throughout and its one of them stories where at the end your going over things going 'Ohh that makes sense now'.

I put this book down feeling like l knew the characters personally, this is due to the Karen Swan making each character unique and each character shine through in the book. This book is about friendship, mistakes, money and fame.

9.5/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Players, 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
Players is a fun, sexy, hugely readeable novel that stays in your mind long after the final page - and fabulously screams Jilly Cooper. Swan creates a dazzling world that sees 'Yummy Mummys' from Battersea trot the globe in all manner of glamorous settings but the book never takes its finger off the reality pulse. The plot is juicy, the characters are well rounded and each has their own tangled web that pulls together a finale that is so tasty, it'll make you gasp and practically pant for more...

2.0 out of 5 stars Ugh, not a believable story, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
This was my third Karen Swan read. I like her writing and that the books are a good length. The first book I read was quite good (Christmas at Tiffanys), the second okay (Prima Donna), and this one was dreadful. None of the characters are likeable. You find you are rooting for their lives to implode. It makes everyone out to be scum. I just didn't like it. And I find it hard to believe that any author could be so unbelievably famous. JK Rowling is HUGELY successful but I wouldn't know it if she was next to me in line at Tesco's. Skip this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Players, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Players (Kindle Edition)
Yet again another great read.Keeps you guessing up to the end.Think you have it sorted think again.Look forward to the next book

4.0 out of 5 stars jilly Cooper this is not, 2 Mar 2010
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
If this is a first by this author it is not bad interesting settings lots of glamour escapism into the world of the rich and celeberity but Jilly Cooper it is not the characters do not remain in the mind for long nor do they have much substance as in the Fiona Walker type descriptions .It is however a more entertaining read than the usual chicklit or shoppaholic type of book around in quantity it is a fair substitute while waiting for Jilly Fiona and Catherine alliot' latest offerings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 24 Jan 2010
B. Dulson "THE BEVSTER" (WALLASEY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
This book kept me from my ironing, hoovering and I spent a lovely lazy Sunday morning in my PJ's finishing it off. Fab story with so many twist and turns that will keep you guessing right till the end. Sexy, glam characters and a bad boy - what more could you ask for???

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a lazy weekend, 5 Mar 2010
C. Madden "maddca" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
Above average chick lit, posh women with glamourous careers and big houses in London. Nice to escape in to their world for a while even it is only to fantasise! Good plot, races along, satisfactorily big bumper read. Will definitely look at her next offering.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book!, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Players (Kindle Edition)
Very intriguing loved it, sad in places but thought provoking too really enjoyed it though like the author and her books are goid

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Players (Paperback)
I always find Karen Swan's books a bit hit and miss, but felt this was her best yet. Story got better as it went along, towards the second half of the book it really gained pace and I couldn't put it down. Literally came home from work & just READ. Didn't turn the TV on and ended up staying up till 1am to finish it off! Great read.

Players
Players by Karen Swan (Paperback - 7 Nov 2013)
5.59