on 15 January 2013
I have been hooked on this series since Forsaken (book 1), I have loved this books and it has never taken more than two days to finish any book in this series. Its got every thing romance, supernaturals (in the form of demonds, angels, necromancers and witches) and of course a plot line where the herorine life is threatened but in saying that the idea for this book series is so original wit hso many twists and turns that I was never board.

This book is where it all end, all those questions are answered. Who will win good or evil and are the lines between them really so clear, will Beck and Riley finally admit there fellings and who will win Lucifer or the rebel force led by Sartael?
Promises will be made and battles fought but who between and what for?
This truly is an amazing end to a fantastic book series and i'm so sad it's over.
Review 7*******
For the Series 10**********

This is the fourth and final book in The Demon Trappers series by Jana Oliver.

Riley Blackthorne is a fantastic character. She has made a few mistakes, but that just makes her human. Being the only female demon trapper is not an easy job, but Riley has a stubborn streak. She can definitely kick Hell's ass one demon at a time! Trying to figure out fellow demon trapper, Denver Beck is another matter altogether!

Denver Beck is yummy! Not only is he handsome, he's the most loving and caring character, even though he's not had an easy life. I really admire his courage and strength. Even when things were at the blackest, he steadfastly held on and came through with flying colours!

When I received my book in the post, I was excited but saddened at the same time. I was excited because I got to follow the Demon Trappers as they fought demons in Atlanta in 2018. I was also sad, because this was the final book in the series. I fell in love with this series when I read the first book, Forsaken (The Demon Trappers Daughter).
Foretold is an amazing conclusion to the series, and it holds some answers left over from Forgiven. There are new battles to be fought, and secrets to be unravelled in this exciting finale. I was completely drawn in to the world created by Jana Oliver, who's descriptions and attention to detail made me feel like I was actually there. I struggled to put it down long enough to sleep! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jana Oliver for writing this most excellent YA adventure! I will certainly be on the look out for more of her books in the future, no matter what the subject matter is!
I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book, and series, to everyone who loves to read YA, or books with demons and angels. My 15 year old nephew has already been bugging me to let him read it!
on 23 August 2012
I have been reading the series from the begininng and I can't believe it's over. I read the book in 6/7 hours I was that excited about it and couldn't put it down.

I don't usually write reviews but because it is the final book and it was a fantastic series I felt I needed to show my appreciation for them.

I was excited to read the final book because I wanted...
1. to see if it lived up to my expectations (IT DID)
2. to see were each characters choices/story led them (In Rileys case to Beck)
3. and to see how they reacted to the twists and turns in the story (I felt like I was with them each step of the way to the end.)

An amazing series will definitely reccomend it to friends.
(AND I will definitely end up re-reading them because they were that good.)
on 2 August 2012
MY REVIEW
I received a paperback of this book in exchange for my honest review. I had to start reading it the day it arrived through the post too! (Thankyou to Jana Oliver,Macmillan & Lorraine)
Aaaah Once again I love the cover. the determined look in Riley's eyes is so plain to see. Riley is prepared to kick butt whoever's and whatever's! The scene also depicts the swamp where some of the action in this book is based. The cover is great as it matches my other paperbacks. It's a rarity for me to hold onto books after i have read them, but, this is one set of books that will be remaining, in pride of place on my bookshelves for the far foreseeable future.
Now to the book, wow I could go on and on and on but have to be so very careful as I want to give NO spoilers, as this book is a must read and I would have hated someone to have spoilt it for me. I read this book in just two sitting and finished at about 1am one morning! I seriously love this book, in fact I love the book series.
Jana Oliver has super action packed this last book in the series! You will need the tissues if you are a Demon Trapper fan as I am. So what can I actually say about this book. Well we eventually learn about Denver Beck's deepest darkest secrets. So does Riley still love him when she finds out? You need to read the book to find out for yourselves! I can only give my opinion on how I felt after learning of Denver's past life and his deep dark secrets. I have to say your heart almost breaks and splinters for this guy so very many times in this book. I think finally learning Beck's secrets made me look at him slightly differently, in awe and made me love him even more.
So how is Riley doing in this book? This time around it's Riley's turn to support Beck. Beck supported Riley in the last book through the trauma of her fathers death and reanimation. Now it's Riley that has to help Beck through his mother, Sadie dying. Will beck and sadie ever make any kind of peace with each other before it's too late? when is it too late to make your peace? But will Beck allow Riley close enough to help? Will he let her in? Will he allow her to love him?
Riley finally learns why Beck doesn't like visiting Sadie when she meets the hard woman herself. Riley also experiences how the other country folk treat Beck.
Ori is also in this book , will he ever gain any peace? Will he betray or support Lucifer? Can Sartael be killed? If so who can kill him and how? a divine is not the easiest of races to kill, even if it's by the hand of one of their own. Who is the most dangerous and who will end up ruling Hell?
My favourite characters? Riley & Beck of course, then there's Master Stewart who seems to see and know all. Even Harper seems to be mellowing in this book. then there's how Peter, Riley's friend has developed and his relationship with Simi, Riley's wacky haired friend. there are also lots of more background characters like Riley's neighbour. I even have a little soft spot for Rileys pet demon!
So to sum up this book is action packed, edgy, unique and dramatic. It features past old hurts that are re-opened, as well as old hurts laid to rest. It has undying, unquestioning love and friendship.
So did I enjoy the book? Yesss! I loved it! Thought it was Brilliant! Fantastic! Would I read more books by Jana Oliver? Yes of course! Would I recommend? Definitely!
So as it was the last in the series how did the book leave me feeling? Like I had been through a torrent of emotions but at the very end you fell peace....
A hundred thank-you's to Jana Oliver for writing this fantastic, too good for words to describe series of books. I am looking forward to what she will write next and will certainly be reading it, whatever it is.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I fell in love with The Demon Trappers series when I first started reading it in April this year. This was the first book I've read about Demon Hunters and I thought it was brilliant. I loved the characters and the constantly surprising storyline. Everything about this series was amazing, and I really enjoyed it.

Out of the whole series, I'd have to say that Foretold is my favourite. There was a lot more going on with the storyline, a lot of surprises and twists and a lot more fighting. Riley and Beck head to Beck's home town to help care for his dying mother. Beck has some secrets that he doesn't want Riley involved in, but keeping them a secret is much harder than he'd originally thought. Meanwhile in Atlanta, Sartael is still trying to fight for power and he has Atlanta in his grip. He's determined to take down the Prince of Hell. It's up to Riley and Beck to defeat Sartael, or they'll lose everything.

I still loved Riley in this one. She's so badass and strong, and she really proved herself in this one. She' also very caring and protective and will go to any lengths to protect and save the people she loves. I just love her character.

I still loved Beck too. He could still be an ass, but he was trying to protect Riley from his past. He didn't want her tangled up in it, so he was trying to scare her off. I wanted to smack him for doing that. Riley is much tougher than she looks and she could totally have handled it. Other than Beck being stupid, he was also very caring and sensitive. He was determined to prove his innocence.

The story line in this one was much more interesting. I loved finding out more about Beck and his past life. He had a really hard life when he was younger, and I felt so sorry for him. But it was really interesting finding out about his life and seeing his hometown. Something terrible had happened in his hometown when he was younger, and Beck got the blame. It was interesting to see that storyline unravel. Ori was training Riley so that she would be ready for her fight with Sartael when he finally breaks free. The demons were wreaking havoc in Atlanta, and it was inevitable that Sartael would break free.

The fighting at the end was brilliant and I loved everything about the ending. It was amazing, but I just really wanted more of Beck and Riley! I love those two together, and I wanted more! But it was still a fantastic ending to this series.

Overall, this was a brilliant novel and a brilliant end to this series. If you haven't read The Demon Trappers series, it's one that I definitely recommend giving a go.
on 13 April 2013
This devilishly naughty delight will enchant anyone who enjoys action-packed tales, filled with exciting twists and stunning romance. `Foretold' is the forth book within the Demon Trappers series, (continuing on from book 1: Forsaken, and forbidden and forgiven). As I plunged into the heart of this darkly delicious story, I was instantly enchanted by Riley and Denver's intensely passionate relationship and connection. Being a "Demon Trapper" comes with costs, as our heroine and hero discover when an impending Demon Apocalypse is about to ensue and the terror which will come to pass...Heart-pounding and so exciting, this is a story full of inspired creative vision and compelling narrative that rivals many other YA authors.

The end is most definitely nigh...

As the truth about fellow Demon Trapper, Denver Black's shaded history comes to light; his one true love must prepare herself for the unexpected. Wrought with dynamic danger and electric tension, I was glued to the pages lost within such a compelling drama that oozed originality. Totally unputdownable and very addictive, I would highly recommend this spectacular series as it truly exceeded all expectations. Jana Oliver is a brilliant writer who injects such vibrancy and color into her work, so as to make it exhilarating and capture your interest throughout...hence I was keen to keep reading on!

Short synopsis:
Enter the Demon Trappers, whose mission is to keep the Hellspawn at bay. Riley's father, Paul Blackthorne, is a master demon trapper, and Riley dreams of following in his footsteps. Lucky for her, things have gotten so bad that the Trappers' Guild needs all the help they can get--even from a girl. When she's not keeping up with her homework or trying to manage her growing crush on fellow apprentice Simon, Riley's out saving Atlanta citizens from demons. But unexpected dangers and sudden tragedy soon have Riley's world crashing down around her...

The epic conclusion to such a wonderful series was a delight to behold; therefore I am left feeling quite sad now that Riley's story has come to its end. Accomplished and very engaging, this is a well-written tale with a cast of likeable, interesting characters whom you don't forget easily! I cannot fault this book for it contains a perfect balance of action/drama, with romance and supernatural themes which merge together in such a way as to make for entertaining reading. Readers of Cassandra Clare and P.C Cast will love this singular take on Demons and will be dazzled by the main protagonist's journey from book 1 to 4.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Fourth and final volume in the Demon Trappers series. A young adult series of novels about the world in the near future when it's subject to attack by Demons of various kinds, and a girl who tries to follow in her father's footsteps in becoming a demon trapper.

This does have a fair amount of exposition, but it wouldn't make much sense to start reading a series with the final book. So new readers should go to The Demon Trappers: Forsaken instead.

This volume runs for just under four hundred and forty pages, and is divided into thirty eight chapters.

And it's the end of the series, and thus it does bring the whole thing to a close.

The major storyline left hanging at the end of book three was Riley's relationship with Beck, which was being denied the chance to progress by a secret from his past. Beck now has to return to his Georgia home since his mother is at death's door. Riley comes along. Will this return to his home give Beck a chance to find things he's always been looking for? Will old secrets come out?

And what will be the consequences of a deal that Riley had to make?

Can the two of them get past all this and live happily ever after?

This is a long book but it's very well written, and as a result the pages fairly fly by. This remains totally character focused, but at the same time the Georgia setting is an interesting from the Atlanta one, and it's very vividly described. There are some decent new supporting characters. The rather astute local sheriff being a particular highlight.

Some excellent character drama follows.

The book doesn't stay in this locale for all of it's run though. It does switch back to Atlanta for the final third. It may seem at first that it's just wrapping up loose ends in various character stories when it does that, but there is more to this final section than meets the eye. And it provides a very satisfying wrap up to the various supernatural based storylines.

The character based ones then go the same way. All ending in a very satisfying finale.

This is the end of the story so whilst it's a slightly open ended finale there won't be any more for these characters. You'll be sorry to see them go, but you will be glad to have come this far with them. A very good and worthwhile finale to an excellent series of books.
on 21 August 2012
Originally posted on: [...]

Oh my wow! You'd have thought, after reading so many awesome books I'd actually be able to form words better now... But nope, you're still stuck with 'wow'... Foretold was honestly, amazing. It was such a brilliant end to The Demon Trapper Series... I bloody loved it! I'm very well known for adoring endings to series, unless they leave it on a cliffhanger. Oliver cleared up pretty much everything in this final novel - leaving only a few things for the reader to question.

I didn't want this series to come to an end because Riley is really a character with characteristics that I'd love to have. She's brave, selfless, funny, clever and strong... She's brilliant. Honestly, it's the fact that she's so selfless that really made the end of this novel for me... Because we see her being selfish... She refuses to let someone VERY close to her die...

The relationship I'd been waiting for finally comes around, and I'm a huge fan of where it went.... and where it's going. I hope Riley does get her happy happy ending on her 18th birthday in Scotland.

Oliver fits together two stories within this novel, Beck and Riley's trip... and then the end of the world part two... Now, I really enjoyed BOTH stories, and I have no criticisms... Which is annoying, because I almost always find something (no matter how minor) critical to say (like I don't like the font or the size of the book *wink*) but I can't find anything with this novel.

Oliver ended her series well, it truely was an awesome supernatural take. I'd never read anything like The Demon Trapper Series - the demons and things was all new! So maybe you should also give it a go!

Rating: 5/5

A perfect ending to a PERFECT series!
on 18 August 2012
The Demon Trappers is probably my all-time favourite YA series. I've been so excited about the final book although also slightly worried that it would be a bit of a disappointment. As soon as I started reading Foretold though, I knew that it would not be the case. Foretold begins with the kick-ass action that I am now used to from Jana Oliver and I was happy to see Riley and Beck back in trapper action.

The story quickly changes though to pay more attention to Beck and his secretive past. I loved this part of the book as it made it possible to understand Beck and his actions so much more. Everything that I had questions about in regards to Beck over the course of the whole series are answered in this book and that is one of the main reasons why I wasn't disappointed. So much is revealed about Beck's past and I thought it was so interesting and exciting to read about. Because of this, Beck's personality changes in Foretold as he is finally able to be himself and I loved the new him!

Riley will always be one of my favourite female characters in YA. She holds her own as a demon trapper, is tough as nails and full of witty comments. Riley also has a much more sensitive side though due to all of the bad things which have happened to her but she uses these things to fuel her drive and determination which I admired so much. In Foretold, Riley is the same amazing girl but so much better in every way... if that was even possible. The things that she experiences in this book make her a well-rounded character who people can relate to.

Although the characters are amazing, this wouldn't have been so good without a solid plot to go with it. As I said before, quite a large amount of Foretold is spend on Beck's past and this means him going back home. It was nice to have a location outside of Atlanta for a change, especially as it brought with it so many new and interesting characters. Back in Atlanta, the plot was just as good. The whole book is quite exciting and fast paced although things do slow down in places to let the reader catch their breath. These two different plot lines are very separate in the book and my only wish would be that they were intertwined a bit better as it made it feel like I was reading two different books at times.

Jana Oliver doesn't leave any unanswered questions whatsoever so it was really nice for everything to be wrapped up for all characters involved. I enjoyed finding out what everyone ended up doing or what they were thinking and I think that this made a great end to the series. I was extremely pleased with the ending of Foretold and although I will really miss this series, I cannot wait to see what Jana Oliver comes up with next.
on 15 August 2012
Good Points

Now I would like to start by saying I have never read any of Jana Oliver's previous books in this series, but the first few pages got me hooked-now I have to read the others. The first thing that gripped me was the main characters. They were strong, well-defined and interesting. I wanted to know more about them immediately, and the dialogue between them was realistic and flowing. I know that some people can hate it when a Scottish character speaks too much `stereotypical Scottish'. I disagree, I have lived in Scotland, and some people do use these kind of words a lot! I love it personally when characters have accents written in, it really helps me to hear their voice. The writing was crisp and vivid, and the action scenes (in my humble opinion, one of the hardest things to write) were fantastic, and built the drama up. I loved the overall idea behind the storyline (in this book, and presumably the others, of `demon-trapping'), and thought it was original and well-written.

Bad Points

That I need to read the rest! Although that is really a bad point to me.

While I thought that the main characters were vivid and interesting, some of the secondary characters felt a bit lacking. At time they seemed almost as though they had been put in some of the situations purely for the benefit of Riley, and it would have been nice to see a little more of them doing their own thing-but perhaps this has happened more in previous books? I also felt a little squeamish as the loved-up couple began talking more about their future together further towards the end of the book in such deep terms. The main character, Riley, is quite young, and I'm not sure I would have had that kind of conversation at that age.

Overall

This was a great book that I truly enjoyed reading. I will have to go back and read the rest of the series now, in order to know how it ended where it did! This book was wonderfully written, and kept me bouncing along from page to page. I wouldn't say it was an amazing book, because of the issues I raised above, but it was definitely a great book I would happily read again.

I give this novel....4/5 Stars!