5.0 out of 5 stars F Is for Fugitive
Published on 16 Oct 2005 by Rich Milligan

2.0 out of 5 stars Sue Grafton
I fell in love with Kinsey Millhone about four years ago when I was given one o her books to read when I was in hospital.
I really should say I fell in love with Sue. Grafton.
I hope to read each and every one of the Alpherbet series before I go.
Published 5 months ago by Prue Still

5.0 out of 5 stars F Is for Fugitive, 16 Oct 2005
Rich Milligan (Thatcham, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
"F is for Fugitive" starts with the lovely Kinsey Millhorne being hired by motel owner Royce Fowler who lives in the nearby seaside town of Floral Beach. Royce wants Kinsey to come up to Floral Beach to work on the case of his son Bailey. Bailey was convicted after admitting the voluntary manslaughter of his ex-girlfriend Jean Timberlake 17 years ago. Bailey escaped from prison and for the next several years has been on the run. After a routine police enquiry he is captured again and now faces charges of being a fugitive and his original crime. Royce has always believed his son was innocent of the murder of Jean and wants Kinsey to come and investigate and clear his son's name.
This in many ways of a stroke for Kinsey as since the destruction of her garage apartment in the previous book she has been living with her landlord Henry Pitts and in a typical independent Kinsey way she has became increasingly infuriated with Henry's motherly ways.
So Kinsey becomes the guests of the Bailey family although a less than relaxing time is in store for Kinesy. The pretty town of Floral Beach is home to another motley crew of strange characters, whether it's the hypochondriac ramblings of Royce's wife Ori. Pearl the gruff owner of the local bar, or Shanna Timberlake the dead girl's depressed and alcoholic mother.
This is one of the strong points of this book, lacking any of the regular characters from the other Kinsey books; this one is littered with interesting, intriguing and in many cases diabolical characters for us to get our teeth into. As usual the actual mystery is full of twists and turns and dead ends and only the terrier like interrogations of the tenacious Kinsey can get the truth out.
An extremely enjoyable book and one of the high points of the alphabet series of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Sue Grafton (aka Kinsey Millhone), 2 July 2011
Having discovered Kinsey Millhone just a few years ago and reading the odd book I find I've recently become hooked and started reading systematically through the series from A is for Alibi. Yes, Sue Grafton has an underlying formula but she weaves new plots around it so that (so far) every book is a delighted. Right from Kinsey's introspections, through her going for a run (which often forces me out too!) through to her plotting it's 5-star stuff. This book didn't disappoint either- like some others, she has this set in a small town setting where relationships run deep and often lead to unexpected twists in the plot. If you like a good read, you'll like this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sue Grafton, 8 Feb 2014
I really should say I fell in love with Sue. Grafton.
I hope to read each and every one of the Alpherbet series before I go.
Although this is supposed to be about the above book, my review would be the same for all the Kinsey Millhone stories.
All I can say is that Sue Grafton has created one of the best private eyes I have ever read - she is fiesty, clever, her humour is wonderful and I love her! Long may she live and her landlord Henry.

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as usual, 7 Feb 2014
I greatly like this series Sue Grafton keeps me guessing right to the end. She has a great variety of characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 9 Dec 2013
these books are always a safe bet for a good read, i hate reading books with spelling errors and a plot so improbable you have to put it down as it gets annoying, these are well crafted and always a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars As previously said, Ilove Sue Grafton books, they are a pleasure to read., 2 Oct 2013
What more can I say, she is a great author, and comes greatly recommended by all my friends who have also read her books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reading, 31 Aug 2013
Mrs. M. H. Burns (Huntingdon, England) - See all my reviews
As always, Sue Grafton holds one's attention right to the very end of the book and makes you want to pick up the next one immediately, which is what I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of the same vein as previous title, if you loved any od the alphabet serie, you will love this one, 25 Aug 2013
what more is there to say, a graet read. caracters are true to themselves and the tales always has a twist you did not expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 2 Aug 2013
Review
A friend lent me the first of this series and now I have read them all. I enjoy detective novels

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 27 July 2013
Kensey continues to solve all the problems in her slow contemplative way. Enjoyable trying to solve who did it before the truth is revealed.

F is for Fugitive (Kinsey Millhone Mystery 6)
F is for Fugitive (Kinsey Millhone Mystery 6) by Sue Grafton (Paperback - 24 May 2012)
5.59