4.0 out of 5 stars An Anglish man abroad
I really enjoyed Severin's Viking trilogy a few years ago, so when I saw this the first in a series seemingly about Saxons I jumped in. Only to find it really isn't about the saxons at all. Well it's about one of them, who within the first few pages finds himself in Charlemagne's Frankia! Bothered? No not really because it was a cracking little book!

What I...
Published on 12 Aug. 2012 by Mr. A. I. Harrison

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I chose this book just after finishing the last novel in Bernard Cornwells Warrior Chronicles series. Expecting another enjoyable read of a historical adventure, I was totally disappointed. This book seems as if it was written for a younger target audience, The characters were weak, the plot completely unbelievable and the historical content light. I only finished the...
Published 16 months ago by stuart hamilton

2.0 out of 5 stars saxon, 27 April 2014
Not really a good read. A lot of reading without a great story. The ending was came whwn I was expec ting another chapter. Can't really advise anyone to read this. I like a really gripping story that makes you want to keep reading but with this tht didn't happen. Sorry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Saxon: The Book of Dreams, 28 Oct. 2013
I very much like Tim Severin and his style of writing, but I must admit that this 1st book in the Saxon series was quite hard to get into. It was very slow to get going and I am afraid to say finished the same way.

4.0 out of 5 stars intreging, 16 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed the way the book twisted and turned throughout the book . The various ways the story line changed made compelling reading cannot wait for the next one in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars The book of dreams, 1 Sept. 2013
Having read the Viking books by Tim Severin, it was no surprise to find the Saxon first book to be written with the same excitement that draws the reader into the story. I will now start reading the next book in the Saxon series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 20 Aug. 2013
Historical fiction at its finest.
I couldn't put this book down, its is written so well that the next intrigue you assume is on the next page, so you just keep going.
I can't wait for the next installment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Mar. 2015
I hadn't ever heard of this author but the book was chosen for our book club, unfortunately. I feel that the book has been written for young teenagers certainly not adults. I found it very disappointing.
JJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 20 Jan. 2015
Having read Tim Serverin,s Viking series I was interested to see if this next series would compare favourably with it. l was not disappointed l could not stop turning the pages Excellent historic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard reading, 2 May 2014
This review is from: The Book of Dreams (Saxon) (Paperback)
Was not sure to begin with as I had not heard of this author, however, I started to read the novel, and as I got into the story, I could not put the book down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical fiction is great, 26 July 2013
Having read many of Severin's previous books, Viking, Brendon the Navigator etc, I found Saxon to fit right in to the mould.
Very interesting read.

4.0 out of 5 stars unusual, 22 Sept. 2014
I have,e never read anything of this particular time and place in history and found it very interesting not to say gripping.

The Book of Dreams (Saxon)
The Book of Dreams (Saxon) by Tim Severin (Paperback - 25 April 2013)