Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 October 2012
I was excited when I got this book after loving "Pretty Twisted" also by Gina Blaxill. I did have high hopes for this book due to how much I enjoyed pretty Twisted and I've got to say Blaxill defiantly lived up to this! The plot was like pretty twisted. Without giving to mcuh away it's about a teenage girl called Sophie who is an orphan, . Sophie and her friend Reece try and uncover the truth behind her cousin Dani's death. They then find themselves in danger. Blaxill built up the relationships well and it was overall a very good read. Would recommend this to 12-18 year olds.
on 17 October 2012
Really good, the charactors are even better than in Gina's last book which is saying something. So believable, you can imagine the plot actually happening. I could not of wished for a better follow up to Pretty Twisted. Don't you just hate it when you finish a book you love?
on 16 October 2012
I really enjoyed this book by Gina Blaxill the story moves along at a good pace and keeps you wanting to read more, had me hooked from the beginning. The relationship between the main characters Sophie and Reece was very credible and interesting. A great read.
on 29 October 2012
I throughly enjoyed reading Forget me Never - it was a real page turner. The writer clearly knows how the minds of teenagers work and it shows in the relationships between the characters.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good crime novel! I'm looking forward to more books from Gina Blaxill.
on 6 July 2013
Forget Me Never is one of those really unexpected books that comes along and and whips the rug out of from under you. I expected something completely different and was pleasantly surprised with that I got instead.

When Sophie finds out that her cousin, Danielle, has killed herself, Sophie can't believe. No, she really can't believe. Sophie knows her cousin would never do such a thing, and when she finds a memory stick in a pair of her jeans with leading information on it, she knows she can't let it go. Before she knows it, Sophie is on the hunt for Danielle's killer.

Recruiting her friend Reece to help gather information, Sophie inadvertently stumbles upon something much larger than she ever realised...and places herself and Reece right in harms way.

Forget Me Never was raw and powerful with an incredibly strong voice to carry us through the story. One moment my heart was pounding the next my eyes were stinging with tears. This book whizzed past in a blur as I gobbled up the words. Sophie is a very likeable character, and admirable for not giving up on her cousin.

A thrilling read.
on 3 November 2012
I've been excited for Gina Blaxill's new book since I read her debut, Pretty Twisted and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately is wasn't everything I hoped it would be.

I really liked the idea, but I don't know, it didn't stand out to me. The whole idea of it was fantastic. It's a kind of murder-mystery thing, and I LOVE those, but I don't know if it was executed well enough for me personally. The whole truth about what Sophie's cousin Dani was involved in didn't feel like it was as well, terrible as the synopsis suggest. I know that sounds bad but I wanted to be put on the edge of my seat and SCARED. While at some points I was on the edge of my seat, nothing really scared me like I wanted it to. Do you know what I mean? I'm a fan of dark and crazy and it just wasn't ENOUGH.

Sophie and Reece felt younger than 15/16 year-olds and just yeah, that bugged me a bit because it made the storyline and what they were doing seem less believable.

I'm a bit disappointed with Forget Me Never, but after written my review I feel a bit harsh because I realize that I'm a bit of a sociopath and nobody else really gets their highs of um, murders and um, yeah. I think readers a bit younger than me 13/14 will really get into this though. It's quite a quick read and fast-paced, so I do recommend that you read other reviews and try it for yourself because I have a feeling I'll be in the minority of people who didn't love it.
on 12 October 2012
A book which makes you eager to know more and wanting to find out the truth!

We follow Sophie through many adventure as she prepares to face reality in a quest to find out what really happened to her Cousin, Danielle, because she couldn't really have committed suicide... could she? As I read the many ordeals she had to face, I myself felt her hunger for the truth and wanted to finish the book quickly because I had no patience in waiting! Sophie also has to deal with friend Reece and her feelings for him, and throughout the book as I read about them together I started to understand their relationship and begin to feel how the characters were feeling themselves.

Now, if I'm honest I did think the Gina Blaxill's portrayal of 15/16 year olds was a bit wrong in my opinion because I found them to be immature in the way they thought and spoke. However this didn't ruin the book for me, so hopefully won't for other people!

The plot itself is realistic and clever and I enjoyed Blaxill's portrayal of it. However I didn't get hooked to the book straight away like I usually do and found it took a good few chapters until I was really engaged with the story. Overall it is a quick gentle read that is worth reading!
on 19 July 2015
I began reading this book at my school library and thought nothing more than what it was which is a book but when I continued reading it on my kindle and all the drama kicked I began to be completely gripped and reading it all the time.i would absolutely recommend this book.
on 9 February 2013
I was eager to read the follow-up to 'Pretty Twisted' by Gina Blaxill. She is a talented writer, and what she does best is create wholly believable characters. Tiny details she includes about her characters' personalities, hobbies and environments ensure that whatever happens in the actual plot, it will be completely convincing. This is as much the case in 'Forget Me Never' as in 'Pretty Twisted.' Sophie and Reece, the main characters, have the authentic voices of sixteen-year-olds you know and love. They are pulled through a tense and twisting plot, which starts with Sophie finding a memory stick belonging to a dead relative, and concerns corporate espionage in the pharmaceutical industry. As a thriller it's certainly very tense. I could hardly bear to read some sections because I was so drawn in by the characters' anxiety. However, I wouldn't say that it's very scary, and the ending, which resolves the did-she-jump-or-was-she-pushed premise, is a bit disappointing in how it finally works out. Nevertheless, I'll be looking forward to Gina's book 3!
on 17 October 2012
Forget Me Never is the new book by Gina Blaxill who you may know her from writing the amazing book Pretty Twisted.
It follows the same story genre as Pretty Twisted, a teen mystery. Sophie, a teenage orphan, follows her instincts to find out the truth of why one of her closest people in the world has died. Sophie decides along with her best friend Reece to uncover the real truth behind her cousin Dani's death. The deeper they dig, the more danger heads their way.
I felt myself needing to know the truth behind the death which kept me quite interested. Although, I felt as if the book was going a little too slow for my liking and didn't really get hooked in to the book straight away as I usually do with books - such as Pretty Twisted in particular. The friendship between Sophie and Reece was my main attraction to the book and I felt as if I was experiencing the friendship for myself.
I enjoyed the book and thought it was really good for that quick easy read some of us enjoy.