5.0 out of 5 stars Another best seller for Annie Murray
Published on 18 May 2008 by V.Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars None
I found this story so similar to Chocolate Girls and sadly didnt enjoy it as much. Much better 5 star books around.
Published 19 months ago by kbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Another best seller for Annie Murray, 18 May 2008
This is Annie Murrya's latest book and it is wonderful. It's about Greta a young woman living in the '60's era. She is looking for more in life than what is expected of her, getting married, settling down and having babies. She tries to strike out and is at odds with her mum and sister but does get married and obviously to the wrong person. Greta's sister shows no loyalty to her and has an affair with her husband resulting Greta moving on which leads her into another life. I won't expand on this and spoil the story which Ms Murray weaves around the central character. Needless to say it is another great read from the Author and couldn't put it down till I finished reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read, 6 Jun 2008
I have read all of Annie Murray's books with 'Chocolate Girls' being my favourite until now. I live 5 minutes from Cadburys and i finally finished it as 'The Bells of Bournville Green' struck midnight. The book is quite an emotional rollercoaster with births and deaths a plenty.It continues with the lives of many characters from 'Chocolate Girls, but the focus shifts from Edie to Greta, the daughter of Ruby, Edie's friend in 'Chocolate Girls'.Greta knows there is more to life than filling chocolate boxes and is desperate to better herself and not become like her mother Ruby who seeks solace in the arms of unsuitable men. Although Greta's story is quite predictable it does not spoil the book and i was desperate to get to the end in search of the happy ending she craved. The depiction of Greta's marriage to boring 'Trevor' and her frustration at the limited opportunities for married women at the time are incredibly accurate and it was great to be entertained and discover social history at the same time. Inter woven with Greta's story we discover what happened to Edie's adopted son David who is still in Jerusalem, again with accurate details of events there. Annie Murray really does make the characters realistic with the main characters living normal lives and having faults yet still very likable. I loved David and Anatoli by the end of it all and i will admit to sobbing my heart out at certain parts. A very accurate, moving and entertaining read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful book! Well worth anyones time and money!, 12 Aug 2008
This book is a true masterpiece, and one of the best Annie Murray books that I have read to date. This is the sequel to her award winning book 'Chocolate girls' and in my opinion this book is even better than the first one.

This book tells the story from the thinking of Greta, a young girl who ends up marrying a man she doesn't love simply to escape Ruby her mother. And it tells about the Life of David AKA Rudi or Doodi and his life with his Wife Gila, and Son Shimon.
This book combines the strong characters of Ruby, Janet and Edie from the first book, but we see them in a different light as life has changed them. Although they are still key characters in the book we are led through events in their childrens eyes.
This is a captivating book, that made me both laugh and cry my eyes out. It captured my heart, and left me wanting more! I can't help but hope that this book becomes part of a trilogy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, 12 Oct 2009
S. QUICK (UK) - See all my reviews
Chocolate Girls was the first book by Annie Murray I read and I was sorry to finish it as I loved it. I immediately looked for other books by this author and was thrilled to find a sequel to it. The Bells of Bournville Green was just as gripping as the previous book, I would highly recommend this read.

I would also add that I thought it would be a bit of a "grannies" book as I pinched it from my mum when I was bored but I was hooked from page 1. I now a devoted Annie Murray fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 4 Aug 2011
I live in Bournville so could 'nt wait to read this book! Have read 'chocolate girls'and really enjoyed it so just had to have this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars another smashing story, 22 May 2011
i read the chocolate girls and then i read the sequel the bells of bournville green,two fntastic stories,another book i could not put down,i laughed and cried with the story,recommended read

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 6 Jan 2011
i really enjoyed this book i used to live around the area where the book was talking about
would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bells of Bournville Green, 15 Sep 2010
Nicole (Oakwood, Enfield) - See all my reviews
Thoroughly enjoyed this book after reading The Chocolate Factory and look forward to reading more books by Annie Murray.

5.0 out of 5 stars fanastic., 23 Aug 2011
The book the follow on from Chocolate Girls. Have to say it is a fab book I couldn't put it down. It is a must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 15 Aug 2010
I am always searching for a good read Annie Murray's books are all good, with the water gypsies being top of them all. This one was enjoyable

The Bells of Bournville Green
The Bells of Bournville Green by Annie Murray (Paperback - 15 Mar 2012)