Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 March 2016
Bought this for AS English literature class and am really happy with it, lovely poems. Some might find it a bit full on, what I mean is that the author if I remember correctly is a lesbian and knowing this sheds light on a lot of her work. I find that the more you read these poems the more you get to like them and find different ways and interpretations to view them. Plus some are really funny, well I think so, yet others have a more serious or/and even a sensual?? tone.
on 14 January 2013
Unlike the previous reviewer I wasn't studying the poems for exam purposes; I just wanted to read a lot more of Duffy's poetry. I found nothing wrong with the way they were set out on the page, and I can only offer an enormous respect for the versatile imagination they show. She is unafraid to make very personal statements about her own life, and shows both passion and compassion for the world around her.
Until I bought this anthology I confess that I hadn't realised just how prolific she has been as a writer, and it is a joy to turn the page and explore yet another idea that has struck her about life. Like all the best poetry, it's best savoured slowly (if possible aloud) and more than once.
on 29 December 2015
The early favourites. clear edition and good delivery
on 9 February 2012
This was an essential book that I needed for Literature therefore it was necessary for me to buy it, however, there are a lot of poems in there which aren't studied at AS Level so it would have been easier just for me to buy the Selected Poems by Carol Ann Duffy, however no-where sells them anymore. So, in case anyone had my problem, this includes all the poems and extra ones from Selected Poems (as my teacher told me to buy Selected Poems, and I took ages trying to find that book, because it was not being published anymore). However, some of the poems have been alterned slightly in the way there placement; where some of them contained enjambment in the original poem, in this book, it has eliminated the enjambment, which could be part of one's analysis on structure of the writing.
All in all, this book does contain the poems I need, which is the most important thing, but the quality of the cover is not as good as Selected Poems. Especially if you are using it constantly, the edges of the pages do start to deteriorate in quality, which is why I have given four star on this book of poems.
on 29 August 2014
Carol Ann Duffy is a poetry genius. Though you may not see that at first, when you analyse the poems and fully understand each sentence and syllable, you will truly admire and envy her literary talent.
on 13 November 2014
Someone should tell Ms Duffy that chopping prose into short lines does not a poem make.
on 16 February 2014
This lady is a favorite author of mine. When I saw this book I had to have it! Lovely as a full read or for dipping into.
on 27 December 2014
Good
on 11 September 2014
Arrived in good time for my son's college course.
on 28 October 2014
Realy pleased with the book nice and clean Ty