5.0 out of 5 stars ascend
Well i loved this book and i am 33 .
Amanda Hockings has rekindled my love for reading.
Hence my running out to buy a kindle.
This book is aimed for the younger audience but i found it a great read.
For the younger audience you will love this book.
Published on 30 April 2012 by bree

3.0 out of 5 stars Final book a huge disappointment
I loved the first two books in the trylle series, I loved everything about them, the story, the characters but i think the third book really lets the series down. It started off good but about half way through i felt a change, i could see where it was heading, and i didnt like it. The ending is wishy washy, it seems rushed and just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the...
Published on 22 May 2011 by Magicminnie

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 15 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars utterly disappointed, 11 April 2011
Possible spoilers ahead! - just be aware that the ending is a let down and completely flat.

I absolutely adored the first book in this trilogy and loved the relationships being built up. The second book was nearly as good but I could see where it was going and hoped against it. A love triangle is built up and in the final book Wendy (main character) makes completely the wrong choice. The problem with the writing is that the Hocking had really drawn the reader into believing and buying into the chemistry between Wendy and Finn. The third romantic interest is just annoying, and at no point did i buy into believing any real chemistry - I was rooting for Finn the whole time. Wendy's final decision is wrong on so many levels, mainly because Hocking hasn't drawn the reader into feeling the chemistry between her and Loki. It was just annoying and really flat. I was genuinely deflated and bored by the outcome and wish i'd never bothered to the read the series, which is a shame because it had such a brilliant start.

In my opinion Amanda Hocking really ought to re-write this series and give it (and the reader) the ending it deserves.

I give it 3 stars only because i liked the beginning so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ascend: What Will She Give Up For Those She Loves? (Paperback)
Completed the trilogy which was quite gripping

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Oct. 2014
Love this trilogy! Fantastic Books!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 21 May 2012
Mr. Barry R. Andrews (anglesey wales) - See all my reviews
This was ordered for a friend and they were very happy with it and pleased with the fast and efficeint service

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Oct. 2014
Surprising twists

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite series, 8 Nov. 2013
Despite people saying how it's bland, and 'poorly written' I don't see this. I really love Amanda as an author. I really really enjoyed these books as a teenage girl, so they're not for everyone, but honestly it kept my imagination flowing and I loved the characters. Most people liking the pairing that happened in the first 2 books... I have to say... I was thrilled with the final decision with Loki :D

2.0 out of 5 stars NEW AUTHOR, 20 Jun. 2013
This is a new author who's works I haven't read before. I haven't read any of the 3 books in the trylogy so cannot rate any higher than 2 until I've read them. I've actually seen that this author has bought out another book called Tidal and seeing exerpts from it, it looks a bit scary so not sure if I will like the books as I don't like horror stories. I can give a more honest answer once I read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Feb. 2015
Well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST book ever!, 27 Nov. 2013
sarahlou_c (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This book was amazing and even though it is the seventh time I've read the trilogy it still amazes me. People who liked this book should read:
City of bones by Cassandra Clare (DO NOT WATCH THE MOVIE IT WAS RUBBISH!!!!!)
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (amazing book)
And the Gathering by Kelly Armstrong(love it!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it!, 29 Jan. 2013
Great read, really enjoyed it. Pity it was the last in the series, I could happy eat up some more!

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 15 | Next ›

Ascend: What Will She Give Up For Those She Loves?
Ascend: What Will She Give Up For Those She Loves? by Amanda Hocking (Paperback - 26 April 2012)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 weeks