I bought this book on a whim as I wanted something which was an easy read after reading a few other books back to back that were hard going. To be honest I didnt expect much and thought I would just skim read it. Oh how I was wrong, I finished it in a record time of a couple of hours and was gutted that it had ended. It really is hard to put down and I was really drawn in! It was a real journey of emotion (sounds dumb I know) and made me gasp, laugh and think 'oh poor girl' all at the same time! It really was worth the money and if you like your reality tv then this is a book for you! As an avid TOWIE viewer, I liked the fact that some references were made to it. I am not 100% convinced that its based on true events (and yes reference is made that some of if it is expanded upon on readers entertainment) but who cares!! Honestly, if you want an easy read holiday book, I cannot reccommend this enough - pure trashy chick lit at its best!!
on 15 March 2012
I absolutely loved this book - it made me laugh out loud at all the Essex girls exploits and I loved hearing about all the little insights into West Essex / TOWIE life. That character Ryan was hilarious too and I really enjoyed all the friends fall-outs and love-ins.

I really warmed to Becci as the book progressed and I can't wait to read more from her.

Favourite quote - Unlucky hun!

More please!!
on 16 March 2012
This book has it all, laughs, glitz, glamour and plenty of scandal, its a really great read and made me want to go for a big night out WEG style! (You'll have to read the book to find out what that means). The character of becci is fantastically outrageous and some of the things she and her friends get up to have to be read to be believed (though apparently its all based on true events).
I read it in a day, loved it!
on 20 March 2012
You will LOVE this glossy book which details the story of a glamorous essex girl and her friends, and also has great gossip about the ONLY WAY IS ESSEX lot...of course its all 'Essex gossip' but it makes a deliciously seductive read because this lifestyle is one so many girls aspire to and the book inadvertently shows you why its NOT such a great life-but if you want to experience this glossy world vicariously this is the book that shows the true essex for the middle class girl who has almost everything.I have to admit to loving it and couldn't put it down it was such a hoot!Read it for a get away from reality!
on 26 June 2012
I'd recently bought a kindle and was trying out how to buy a book on its wireless amazon shop function. Skipping through all the books I came across one that I liked the look of, clicked on it, (or so I thought), and bought it later realizing that I had purchased this book instead. Not being one to waste anything I thought I would give it a quick read but once I started i could not put it down, reading as much as I could when I could and I was gutted once it came to an end. Well worth the read and the money.
on 28 March 2012
I couldn't put this book down - from start to finish it's a blast. You become immersed in the WEG lifestyle and I laughed all the way through at the tales of Becci and her friends. Becci has class and style, and it would make a great beach read in Marbs! Being a Country Essex girl it was fun reading about the antics of the WEG crowd. Bubbla I hope we get to read another in the tale.
on 16 April 2012
I have to read a lot of heavy lengthy tomes for work, and I wanted something light and entertaining to read. This book exceeded my expectations - it is light and humourous but also very well written, and it had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion! Becci Fox - the author and main character - is outrageous, funny and honest, and I had really warmed to her by the end of the book. Being a WEG (you'll have to read the book to understand!) I recognised many of the places mentioned, and the type of people described - the type we all love to hate but secretly find fascinating!
My favourite character was Ryan - I'd love to have him as a mate!
Read this book if you can't get enough of TOWIE, or if you want to know more about the light and the dark side of Essex - you won't regret it.
Please give us a sequel, Real Essex Girl, yeah?
on 18 May 2012
I bought this to take on holiday as I didnt want anything to taxing on my brain when I was away and wanted something I could just pick up and read anytime without worrying where I was up to.
It was trashy and the Girl was an idiot who really thought she was the dogs bollocks, she soooo wasnt she was a sad late 20 odd year old fake girl.
But enough of the bitching (should write a book myself ha real geordie girls)
It was fun and not serious the characters were believable not endearing though I wouldnt want to meet any of them in the flesh.
Buy it, as you will laugh out Loud and think they are all off a different planet but its fun and I do think theres enough gossip to keep you interested.
Doesnt make me want to go to Essex though Everrr!!! lol!
Please write another one though as I will buy it.
on 23 April 2012
I love Towie so bought this in the hopes of a bit of insider gossip and while there is the odd snippet there's not enough to make this juicy. However, the story is ok to pass a few evenings on....probably more of a beach book though.
on 8 July 2012
The book is more down to earth than TOWIE. It shows lots of inside information, as how ESSEX girl got VIP in the club, how they pay their beauty treatment. etc.