5.0 out of 5 stars Bridget: the original and still the best!
OK, I don't know if this was the first "chick lit", but although I'm now almost twice as old as I was when I first read it, it's still one of the best books about in this genre.

Fielding manages to satirise and amuse whilst still giving us a main character who is warm, funny, engaging, and amusingly inept without being tiresome. No cringy Bella Swann "I'm so...
Published on 18 Aug 2012 by tiggrie AKA Sarah

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!
As I really enjoyed the film and found it rather hilarious, I decided to also read the book but was extremely disappointed. I lost sympathy with the character - due to repetitive stupidity of Bridget!! I became quite bored in the end.
Published 16 months ago by Chris Riley

4.0 out of 5 stars A reliable pick-me up, 16 April 2013
I first read this in my teens and loved it. It's an easy but funny read and I easily get engrossed. I now return to this book when I need a pick me up because generally Bridget's in a far worse situation! The narrative style is unique and helps give a real sense of who Bridget is and what she's about. I''ve dropped a star because some of the references seem more relevant to a decade or so ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 16 Mar 2013
Absolutely loved this book! Best read in a long time, would highly recommend to anyone looking for a light read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as funny, 14 Mar 2013
I enjoyed re reading this it was just a bit dated in references to tv, trends and lifestyles. But there continues to be Bridget Jones ' out there

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book. Love the film. Glad I bought it!, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bridget Jones's Diary (Picador 40th Anniversary Edition) (Picador 40th Anniversary Editn) (Paperback)
Love this book. Love the film. Glad I bought it!

I'm sure I will be reading it many more times!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic I have read many, many, many times, 9 Dec 2012
Mrs. R. L. Dove (wakefield) - See all my reviews
I adore this classic book. Rumours are abound that there is a third book in the making, I love this notion and I really hope it's true. This book will always stand the test of time, and be relevant to women everywhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars BRIDGET JONES, 30 Nov 2012
USUAL STORY. BOOK MADE IN QUITE GOOD CONDITION.i would recommend this book as a xmas present
Usual high amazon quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Like re-visiting an old friend!, 23 July 2012
Well I had to grab this at the bargain price of 99p. Read this some years back (as a tree book) and fell about laughing through most of it. Personally did not rate the film as highly as the book as with the book you get to know the characters so well. Looking forward to re-reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone's favourite singleton - at a bargain price., 21 Aug 2012
Jayke1981 (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
First off thank you Picador for offering a fantastic Bargain!

I remember buying the paperback when it was a movie tie-in. So for me, I will always have Renee, Hugh and Colin in my head when reading the tales of a singleton trying to keep her resolutions, trying to not fall for her attractive boss and also finding love with a rival of her boss! Its a very funny book, and is of the rare book to movie stories that compliments each other well.

Normally I probably wouldn't have bought this, but at 99p, how could I not?? Fantastic bargain of a fantastic book about a girl who became a literary icon!

4.0 out of 5 stars I hate to admit it but I think I prefer the movie..., 16 July 2013
Having watched Bridget Jones's Diary so many times I was expecting big things from the book. Don't get me wrong the book is good but I am sad to admit I prefer the movie and I never think that way! All that being said the book is well written, funny and charming. A good book to read and just chill out too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable and still interesting, 29 Jun 2013
Most single & other ladies will like this book even if they are frustrated by the heroine..For me the diary is too repetitive.