‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars First class book to help get started, 2 Dec 2011
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bin Weevils is an online multi player game aimed at children. You create a weevil with your unique appearance and colouring, and have a home (nest). Here you can furnish it and invite others to your nest. To buy things in the game, you need mulch (money). This is obtained by completing puzzles, quizzes, growing and harvesting plants and selling unwanted items. All this is free to play, but you can opt to become a tycoon and pay a subscription. This allows greater choices, more rooms, bigger gardens etc.

This book goes into detail about the game from start to finish. It explains in detail the various rooms, games, options with easy to read script and full colour diagrams.

There are some games to do in the book, but there are other books especially for this. The answers of a few will revel a code to enter online for a prize for your nest.

IF you want to know the ins and outs of the game, this is the book you need. It does exactly what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bin Weevils: The Official Guide, 26 Oct 2011
A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had never heard of Bin Weevils, but I ordered this with my 6 year old son in mind. He was thrilled with it, and immediately stuck his nose into the book and was to be heard ooh-ing, aah-ing, giggling and quoting facts for the next hour or so. He then asked if he could go onto the website to use some of the useful tips and codes in the book. He further surprised me at bedtime by asking if he could bring the book to bed with him. He then started from the beginning of the book and said he was going to read 10 pages each night......... and he has!! So, this doesn't seem to be some 5 minute fad with him (although it has led to him asking if I could buy membership for him.....I haven't yet, but he is still managing to play the game for free quite happily). I've looked through the book myself, and it's really good - very colourful and appealing, the content is all innocent fun for little ones. Similar to moshi monsters I guess (although that's just from a grown up's point of view, so what do I know??). All in all, I think this book is excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bethany's review of "The Official Guide to Bin Weevils", 30 Nov 2011
A. Sweeney "I don't care what you call me" (Brighton, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book for my 8-year old stepdaughter, Bethany, who loves the Bin Weevils website and will spend much of her online time there. I decided to let her review this item, so this is what she has to say about "The Official Guide";

"One of the best things about the book is that it tells you how to use the site and helps you find out everything you can do on Bin Weevils. The map is very useful because it tells you lots of places that you can go and how you can become a Bin Tycoon! I like the way the book is written because you can find out about where you can get seeds for your Bin Garden, how to decorate your nest and gives you a step-by-step guide to changing the way your Weevil looks by going to the Weevil changer. It also tells you about how to get a pet, what to get for your pet to keep it happy and how to train it!

There are some games in the books which include maths tests, word jumbler, spot the difference, crossword, word search and a slime pool game. My favourite game is the quiz about your Bin Weevil, "Which Bin Weevil Are You"? I think the games are really fun. I think the book is very useful and very good!"

I've had a look at the book too, and it's very colourful and written in a fun way. I think that any child who loves the Bin Weevils site will love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who ARE the Bin Weevils?, 14 Feb 2012
Karen Baxter (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had never even heard of the Bin Weevils before reading the Official Bin Weevil Guide and now three out of four of my children are all members of the online "Bin Weevil" website.

The Bin Weevils are peculiar looking creatures that make their homes in rubbish bins and I bet you didn't realize that there is in fact a whole Bin Weevil City out there. Well there is! And if you want hours of quiet time, just send your kids along to binweevil.com armed with the "Bin Weevils: The Official Guide" book. My 6 year old daughter can even manage to play this by herself without asking me too many questions, which must be a bonus.

The guide is a thorough introduction to the adventurous world of the Bin Weevil, it leads you step by step through all the stages of creating a magnificant Bin Weevil home and garden for yourself. Also the guide introduces you to many of the strange Bin Weevil characters that are online for you to meet in a colourful and very humourous format.

Sections covered in the book include:

Meet the Bin Weevils
Building and decorating your nest and garden
Around the Binscape
Dosh's Palace
How to change your Bin Weevil's appearance
The shopping mall for all your Bin Weevil furniture needs
The garden shop for plants and seeds
Rigg's property shop to expand your bin weevil home
Top secret Castle Gam
Bin Pets
Pet training
Club Fling (dancing)
The pool hall (play pool)
Flim's fountain (grow and water special mushrooms)
Rigg's Movie Multiplex (where you can watch real kids TV)
Figgs Cafe (food for your bin weevil)
Weevil post (pick up a magazine and some extra mulch to spend online)
Lab's Lab (brainy and mind boggling science)
Games and quizzes galore (from easy to challanging)
Tycoon Plaza
And too many more places to list here ... but they are all detailed in the Official Guide

The book itself is not really a stand alone product, however if your have the slightest interest in the Bin Weevil website or would like a FREE, full of fun, safe website for your kids to play games, chat to friends, create their own Bin Weevil and decorate there house and garden then this Official Guide is a must.

In fact it looks so much fun ... I want one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide for all ages, 6 Dec 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had to help my 8 year old son many times when he gets stuck with tasks in the "bin", and I wish this little gem of a book had been on our desk.

It is visually very appealing, being colourful but not so busy that the kids will not want to read the words.

For an adult helper, it is logically presented, and helps the user to navigate around the world of the many nests, with hints and tips as to how to achieve tasks without entirely ruining the game.

What I also liked was there are sections at the back which the kids can use to personalise their book - pages for notes, pages to colour and draw, a bit like the summer kids comics we had when I was 8!!

In terms of value for money against the Amazon price it will be hard to beat as a stocking filler.

The only problem is I quite fancy creating my own weevil now and that would not please my son :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great for BW fans, 30 May 2012
D. Barnard (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bin Weevils: The Official Guide (Paperback)
This is a great product for any binweevils fan.It tells you what to do when you
first start the game (trust me it's worth trying it I'm a kid!). There is a code you
have to find, and it's more fun this way because you have to find it and it's not just
given to you. There are lots of puzzles and games, and my personal favorite part is the "what
binweevil are you?" but I won't tell everything. This says by D. Barnard but I'm her daughter Emily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots to keep you busy with., 27 Dec 2011
Lily (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Suitable for independent readers of about 10 year olds. Based on the popular interactive virtual world Bin Weevils.com. This is a guide full of colourful pictures and the best tips and tricks. For example, from looking after your Bin Weevil, creating a Bin Nest, how to win at games, crack tough puzzles and play on top secret missions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weevily good, 14 Dec 2011
Mr. Christopher Lancaster "clanca1234" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My nine year-old daughter is mad on Bin Weevils (second only to Moshi Monsters), so this book seemed like a good gift. My first impression was that it was larger than I had thought it would be, both in terms of page size and number of pages. This was reinforced by the content, which my daughter thought was great - lots of information on the Bin Weevils, tips for games, and quite a few 'secret' codes to use online when playing.

We've now had it for three weeks, and the book is dog-eared and much read, but never much from my daughter's side. She likes it, and I'll bow to her superior knowledge of Bin Weevils. If she likes it, then I'm sure that other fans will too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bin Weevil - Official Guide, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: Bin Weevils: The Official Guide (Paperback)
My son LOVES this book. Loads of Bin Weevil fun including quizes, information about all the Weevils, secret codes to find. Definately recommend to a Bin Weevil fan. Colourful and entertaining. Pocket money pricetag too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide to Bin Weevil fans, 15 Feb 2012
Paul Stewart "Paul Stewart" (Stocklinch, Somerset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bin Weevils is a computer game that is free to play online. Very colourful and visually attractive with good sound effects.

This little book is the official guide to the game. Although it is not required to play the game, it speeds up the learning curve and it allowed my nephew to enjoy playing even more.

My nephew said -

It was very fun to read
It made sense and it was clear
It is really helping me on that website and game
I couldn't have played on that website without it
I just love playing the Bin Weevil racing car information
The book telling me what to do is very useful
I would definately recommend it to my friends
It would probably be best for over 6 year old children

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Bin Weevils: The Official Guide
Bin Weevils: The Official Guide by Macmillan (Paperback - 2 Sep 2011)