on 2 November 2013
As I am doing Edexel B, I bought this revision guide hoping that it covers all the details I need for my GCSEs. This book contains a lot of good answers to typical long exam questions, including questions for practice, with detailed answers at the back of the book. This will hopefully improve my answers to 6 or 8 markers. Lots of diagrams and images are also included to aid revision. However, there are some problems to this guide:

1) The layout is not the clearest and may be confusing at first glance
2) It does not cover all the details which I learnt in class and key points may not be sufficiently explained.

This book is helpful for improving the structure and content of exam answers, but I am considering to buy GCSE Geography Revision Guide (Revision Guides) as it seems to have more detail and is better laid out.
VINE VOICEon 12 May 2015
This is a perfectly reasonable revision guide, covering all aspects of the specification, but it is limited in scope. In other words, if you used this book and nothing else for your exam revision, I wouldn't expect to get any grade better than a C; and that's if you read it thoroughly and think clearly about what the book is telling you. However, as a starting point, it is perfectly reasonable; it is the bones of the subject onto which you can build your knowledge.
If you're a fan of aesthetics, you aren't going to like this book's pastel colours which, to me, suggest geography is a bland subject, which it isn't. But, if you can get past the mundanity of the visuals, you will find some useful information, particularly in the form of worked, exam question examples.
One other note - when then next edition of this book is published it might be a good idea to include an index.
on 19 September 2014
Very handy for those struggling to improve their grades. Should be read with your teachers notes though. My son was struggling to achieve anything higher than D. He achieved A* in unit 1 with As in the rest of the units with the help of this book along with the workbook. As he did not want to read anything else, he read this book thoroughly and practiced every question given in the workbook.

It was worth every penny :)
on 21 September 2014
Much information is skipped out; case studies especially. However concepts of how things work are fully described. Only case studies are not in enough detail.
on 9 March 2014
Excellent content very easy to use and find information within book well worth money I would recommend this book to anyone
on 11 March 2016
My geography teacher recommended we get this book to revise. This book helped me and my class mates so much I learnt so much and I got to recap things I forgot! Things were fully explained in detail however compare with class notes aswell! Most of the things in the book came up in the exam (2014)
on 10 April 2014
Was recommended it by someone else and it does seem very good. All the topics are covered and well laid out within the book. Arrived quickly too.
on 11 November 2015
My daughter is using this book. She finds it very useful, for her studies. Easy to read and informative.
on 12 June 2014
I would suggest getting the other edexcel revision guide because this was basic and unfortunately didn't cover everything in my exam... Thanks a bunch
on 25 February 2015
spot on could condition. worth it for geography students revision purposes. highly recommended.