5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious little book
Published on 15 April 2011 by littlenell

3.0 out of 5 stars Charming little book
But avoid the Kindle version for now. It's so full of typos it's really difficult to read. There are commas where there should be full-stops at the end of sentences - hence huge paragraphs that need to be re-read to make sense of them. Every instance of the word "where" appears as "were". I could go on, but you get the picture. Suffice it to say it's not acceptable at...
Published on 22 July 2011 by Victor Meldrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious little book, 15 April 2011
Just loved this book, so many laugh out loud moments and made me smile often. It gives a wonderfully atmospheric feel for life in the tenements of 1960's Glasgow and the author has a way of serving up the hardship aspect with a particularly incisive wit, capturing that wonderful Glasgow humour perfectly. The characters are warm and likeable and draw you into their lives making you really care about what happens to them so much that I find myself looking forward to the next offering from Mr Windward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read!!, 20 Feb. 2011
Loved this book, laughed out loud so many times!! Want to read more from this author!! Only gripe is, wish it was longer!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book, 9 May 2011
What a great book, I laughed from start to finish, I absolutely loved it and highly recommend it if you want a nostalgic look back to the tenements, the details of the characters and surroundings were superb!! I could see myself back in the tenements and all the characters in the book as if it was only yesterday I lived in them, keep up the good work thanks for the memories

4.0 out of 5 stars Toffs in the tenement, 24 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Toffs in the Tenement (Paperback)
Bought this for a friends 75 birthday and someone who loves stories of old glasgow life. Thought 81 pages was poor for a book costing 7.99. With the sale of paper back books dwindling still think price was steep. Could have opted for many others but then again you get what you pay for sometimes. Will choose carefully in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars the Toffs in the tenement, 29 Dec. 2011
This review is from: The Toffs in the Tenement (Paperback)
This book is for everone who likes to look back on your childhood I could not put it down I laughed that much my sides were sore,and I cryed at the sad bits it brought back memories of your childhood days thinking I done that and we bought those sweets,how times have changed.
If your looking for a good book to read I recommend The Toffs in the Tenement you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A step back in time, 3 Aug. 2011
I have just finished Toffs in the Tenement and it is a thoroughly enjoyable read, the author manages to recreate the atmosphere brilliantly, his offbeat humour from this era reminds me so much of my own childhood, in fact at times i swear i was with Rupert, cant wait for the next instalment, keep up the good work Ronnie

4.0 out of 5 stars Humourous, emotional and enlightning, 17 Mar. 2012
This book brought back so many memories of my own childhood and some of the characters are people we have all came across in life. The 'cludgey' in the landing and having to wait if one of your neighbours was already in there! The newspapers tore in scraps became the new 'andrex' of that era! The nosey neighbours and of course, the local kids who get up to mischief on a daily basis. Brought back some wonderful memories and I just loved all the characters and the fact that they reminded me of our neighbours when we lived up the tenements many years ago.....

5.0 out of 5 stars The Toffs Rules, 18 Dec. 2011
I great read. Good Glasgow wit and some great laugh out loud moments. I Smiled all the way through. Thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the next. Keep up the good work and get the next book out soon :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars great for anyone, 6 Oct. 2011
A. devlin "goodmusic" (ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Mum's kindle. She found it a great book. Heartwarming and evocative of hard times and how a community supported each other

5.0 out of 5 stars Glasgow memories awakened, 11 Feb. 2013
Mrs. L. J. Mitchell "LJM" (Gosport,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Toffs in the Tenement (Paperback)
As a Scot living "Down South" (England) I loved this tale of hard times in Glasgow half a centruy ago..I passed it on to two Scotswomen in their 80s who also loved it.

The Toffs in the Tenement
The Toffs in the Tenement by Ron Windward (Paperback - 14 July 2011)