4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be disappointed!
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous pictures, but...
I have been wanting this book for months and before it was translated in English, I considered ordering it in French and trying to figure out the instructions. Well, good thing I didn't, because the instructions in English are already quite confusing...

Published 14 months ago by Bibbles

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous pictures, but..., 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: My Crochet Doll: A fabulous crochet doll pattern with over 50 cute crochet doll clothes and accessories (Paperback)

First things first - the pictures are absolutely gorgeous and adorable - it is literally the cutest crochet doll you can imagine. You have about 60 pages with the photos, you can see many of them in the "Look inside".

The instructions for the doll itself are okay, but for a total beginner they might be difficult. The details are missing, the instructions of how to attach limbs and hair are non existent, the scalp part got me totally confused (so I skipped that part and created the head as one piece). I say they are "okay", because I ended up having a VERY cute doll at the end, so something must have worked right (check the image gallery). The other instructions are also confusing, the suitcase sounds so complicated, I am not even going to try. As mentioned, no instructions on how to attach the hair, there are some different hairstyles in the pictures, some of them remain a mystery (using felt?). It is also a mystery for me how to shape the ankle and the wrist.

Apart from the missing instructions, a big problem comes from the fact that the yarns used in the book for the doll and her clothes and accessories are different from each other and although I don't expect a gauge in an amigurumi book, I don't like the fact that by using the same type of yarn and hook for the doll and her pants, the pants were huge on her. On the plus side I have now created two dolls of different sizes - the pants should fit on at least one of them :)

If you don't have experience with amigurumi, I would say that this book is not for you or you might get frustrated. The book can benefit by some step by step pictures and pictures showing how the different parts should look before attaching.

All in all, I am very happy that I own the book, but it could definitely be improved when it comes to the patterns.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Disappointment, 22 April 2014
This was an expensive book, although it does have delightful pictures of the dolls and accessories. The instructions are misleading and in many cases completely wrong. You would have to be reasonably expert at crochet to create your own patterns to match the photos. I have had to do this. This is not the reason I bought the book. If you are a beginner, beware.

2.0 out of 5 stars pattern errors, 1 April 2014
B. Wells - See all my reviews
The pattern is lovely! But there are many errors probably due to being translated. So I would say it is fine for an experienced craftsperson but not for a beginner. There are also omissions in the patterns; no template or details for instance on the felt shoes for the soles...you can work it out but that takes time and is why you buy a pattern book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't be disappointed!, 14 Jan. 2014
This book arrived this morning and I feel compelled to write a review straight away so other people don't feel disappointed when they get it. This book is 95 pages, "wow, what a lot of patterns!" No. Instructions and patterns start on page 60. the previous pages are photos. Beautiful photos, but the photos of what the projects are. (This is the only reason this book has not got 5 stars.)

That said and having got over the initial disappointment this is a great book and good value for money as there are a lot of patterns. The numerous photos ought to enable the readers to get their creations almost exactly the same as the examples. I would have preferred to see a few more photos on construction, especially creating hair. I really can't wait to start making things from this book, my daughter has already chosen which doll she wants and there is plenty of opportunity to use the creations in the book as a starting point, if your child would prefer a catwoman doll instead of a supergirl for example. There are some really cute accessories, including a teddy and a penguin which could be stand alone toys and almost anything the doll needs for her adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for crochet enthusiasts, 21 Feb. 2014
I love this book the instructions are clear and the illustrations very useful. There's plenty of room to create your own ideas and a great way to use up all those odd ball of yarn. I would recommend this book as I have had hours of fun making the doll and the end results are a delight for any little girl.

1.0 out of 5 stars Patterns not correct, 24 Jun. 2014
I wonder how many people who gave this 5 stars have tried to use this book? The doll makes up beautifully I made the outfit featured on the front or should I say I redesigned it. The dress was completely wrong I had to rework it 5 times to make it look like the on on the cover the hood to the cape is also incorrect. It's a shame because it's a fantastic idea but quite honestly I cannot face making anymore of the clothes. By the way I did contact the publishers F W Publishing formerly David Charles on three occasions to try to help but they have ignored my calls I was even promised a return call once they looked into it all but 10 weeks down the line I think they don't care that the book is causing problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars My crochet doll, 25 Feb. 2014
Beautiful book ! I am a novice at crochet , but I found the instructions very easy to follow and have made a doll with clothes in no time at all , this book is a must !

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo beautiful, 13 Feb. 2014
I love all crafts but my favourite is doll making in various materials. I can't wait to start crocheting this doll. The photos are so beautiful it's a joy to look at.

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute....., 18 Jan. 2014
Great book. Loved the pictures and instructions, although not simple, are straightforward. Bergere de France have a great website which describes the weights of all the yarns in the book so it is easy to choose other yarns of the correct weight. Great purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cutest ever crochet, 3 May 2014
Mrs. Melonie Pickering (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very cute little doll to crochet. There are also a variety of clothes to make for her, from pj's to school wear, also accessories such as bags and even stuff for the beach, including a lilo to sunbathe on! I love her little teddy too.