on 10 September 2013
This is a beautifully printed, large book using high quality paper with stunning photographs throughout. A perfect gift idea for any retro enthusiast. It covers different eras starting with the 1920-30s and ending up with the early 90s.

Each section features a real person's home, which represents the particular era being discussed. It's absolutely fascinating to see the wonderful ways in which people have displayed their vintage and retro collections, and there are also styling tips to get you inspired.

Handy restoration, cleaning and collecting tips, appear throughout the book, along with product recognition information, and vintage pieces, makes and brands to look out for. To be honest I have barely touched upon the breadth of this lovely book, as I have many hours to spend with it yet myself!

However I know that it will be one of those rare books that will keep me coming back for more and it is sure to become well loved. It will be living on my coffee table for the next few months, whilst I fully absorb all that it has to offer.

You can read more here [...]
on 31 August 2013
This book is a 'must-have' buy whether you're looking at re-styling your home or not. The book includes chapters through the decades with interesting facts about social history of the time, and how it influenced the way we styled our homes. I also love the handy styling and restoration tips including examples of what to look out for when searching for your vintage treasures.

The colourful photographs are very inspiring too, with images of real homes with tips from the home owners about how to achieve the look. It provides heaps of inspiration and ideas.

I'll always have this book to hand when re-styling or redecorating my home. A wonderful book from cover to cover. I think it will make the perfect gift too!
on 11 September 2013
I love the way this book gives you top tips on how to mix together the decades to create amazing results. Also that it can be achieved in a studio flat, rented accomodation or a big posh house, size doesnt count! Paloma Faith is also a particular favourite of mine and the hangbag wall art is simply genius!!
on 4 September 2013
ive bought a few retro bits and pieces recently and looking through the pages of this outstanding book has helped me place them around my home and to look out for new things to turn around and look cool once again rather than find them broken and un loved down the tip..plus it helps when you love paloma faith ..
on 3 September 2013
I had pre-ordered this book so waited with anticipation. It was even better than I had hoped. Full of images, tips, info and of course inspiration. It will keep me going for ages and certainly a book to keep and refer to.
on 21 December 2013
Great book with lots of very good photography guiding you through vintage living from the 1920s to 1990s. This book is so much more than just a 'flick through' coffee table ornament - it shows you how even small injections of vintage can work in your home and makes it achievable for all. It gives you background information on items you may already own or would like to and style tips on how you can display them to their best. It covers the whole house including more unusual areas such as halls, children's bedrooms, study and the garden. It gives very handy (and tested) restoration and cleaning tips. To top it off it is based on actual people's homes - and who doesn't like a nose in others houses?! Great as a gift but even better for yourself.
on 31 August 2013
I pre-ordered this book as I love having a nosey at others houses and try to live as much of a vintage life as possible and was really pleased when it arrived. There are lots of vintage lifestyle books and magazines popping up all over the place at the moment but out of all of them I would recommend this. The combination of real peoples homes and then photographs of iconic pieces to look out for yourself works really well. The writing is informative and interesting and much more than just a coffee table book, actually a really good read. The way the book is laid out makes it easy for you to dip in and out of different eras but I actually just read it from beginning to end and enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended for anyone new to vintage as a good guide to getting the style of different eras, but also interesting for the more experienced vintage lover. There is one slight problem though, I am now terribly jealous of the homes photographed!
on 28 October 2013
What a fantastic and well written book. As someone who has been into vintage mid century homestyle for 30 years i can highly recommend it. It is interesting enough for officiandos of vintage style and highly informative for those just setting out on their vintage home style journey. Love the high quality pictures too and the fact that the book features an array of accommodation from home owners to those who rent, bigger and smaller properties.
A beautiful book that would make a great gift too.
on 10 September 2014
lots of great photos and case examples of people's homes, but it is basically just photos of a couple of examples. I was looking for more advice on what to do and what to look for - this doesn't tell me much more than look for items at auctions and on ebay.
on 25 September 2013
This book is more than a guide - it is both stylish and informative, packed with gorgeous photos, restoration tips and memorable pieces from every era - 20s to the 90s. I particularly like the opportunity to see into real homes and read the comments from the owners.Kate's enthusiasm and knowledge of her subject shines through her writing and inspires the reader to add touches of vintage to every room. I just wish I had kept more of the earlier pieces. This is a book that I will dip into time and time again and has made an ideal present - I sent a copy a a birthday gift to a friend in California and she just loves it.