5.0 out of 5 stars bloody awful title hiding a fantastic book
Having been given it for christmas I am so in love with it it explains in clear and easy to understand ways the fundamental principles of good photography. For me it brought my knowlege from waybackwhen pre-digital up to date
Published 8 months ago by b

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected
I bought this for my partner who is wanting to get a bit more creative with her new digital camera. She was not impressed with it, Says it is aimed at people who already have a good knowledge of the subject and not complete novices such as she.
Published 6 months ago by odde

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars bloody awful title hiding a fantastic book, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
from setting the scene to prossessing and finally printing I would say this is an essential book for anyone wanting to make the first steps away from auto even if you have to amend the title with a marker pen. If I could have given it more stars I would have. I cant put it down

5.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive book & not just for busy girls, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
My wife has this book and it has been laying around for a few days. I am quite a keen photographer myself but I learnt a lot in the first few minutes of browsing and ended up working my way through the whole book. I think everybody will learn something from this book, not just the basics of photography but a lot on how to treat your subjects, how to break the accepted rules for good effect and definitely lots of expert tips. It is a comprehensive guide that takes you right from the camera itself through to handling the digital image.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Easy to Understand, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
A great book, which is clear and easy to follow, and full of useful tips.
My pictures have really improved, since reading it! - I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Wow what an amazing book - I am terrible at reading books, I tend to skip pages but I was gripped with this one. Made it all very easy and resolved a few issues with my nikon d90 so a majorly worthwhile investment - saved me having to get some tuition! Brilliant book and defo gonna buy it for my girlfriends for Christmas and a few boys too if they're lucky. Think the boys probably need it more than the girls anyhow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Level!, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Having read another book by the same author, 'the busy girls guide' was a natural place to come to when looking for a digital photography guide for my wife - I say I bought it for my wife but this has proved to be better than any of the guides I've come across!
the book teaches everything you need to know without being too techie, a very refreshing approach to a photography guide when the alternatives all seem to be overly nerdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, blummin' awful title!, 4 July 2014
MS (Glasgow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Don't be put off by the terrible terrible title of this book or the occasional truly cringe-worthy reference inside to 'girl(s)' (which make me want to scream btw!). The rest of this book is excellent and one of the best guides for beginners I've read. Finally someone who is able to explain the relationship between aperture, ISO and shutter speed, and how and if these affect depth of field, and what metering is and why you'd want to think about it, and focal length (something my photographer-friend couldn't do!), as well as giving ideas on composition for different subject, all in clear, unambiguous language without dumbing it down. Really very good indeed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoying title hides useful guide, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
I tend to shy away from gender slanted products, but was persuaded by other reviews to buy this as a good introduction. It is just that, pleasingly laid out, lots of pictures and concise explanations of things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
This is a lovely clear book, with beautiful pictures & lots if inspiration, I intend to recommend it to many. Great family pictures & easy guide . X

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
Was given this as a birthday gift from my husband and wow! What a fabulous book! As a beginner in the world of photography I feel as though after reading 'The Busy Girls Guide' I have enhanced my understanding of every aspect involved in photography. It's both informative and detailed yet easy to understand, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I used to find my camera intimidating but I don't any more!

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect christmas present for the photographer in your wife/daughter, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
This book is GREAT! Written by a woman for women it cuts out all the nerdy techie talk and gets straight down to business. Beautiful pictures to inspire and top tips on how to make the most of modern cameras. so good its not fair on the men.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography
The Busy Girl's Guide to Digital Photography by Lorna Yabsley (Paperback - 25 Oct 2013)