5.0 out of 5 stars Really Impressive Designs!
Published 18 months ago by Jenna @ SewHappyGeek

2.0 out of 5 stars Intricate designs and huge amounts of fabric
Published 18 months ago by StitchyMiss

2.0 out of 5 stars Intricate designs and huge amounts of fabric, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 25 Ways to Sew Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes and Charm Packs: Modern quilt projects from contemporary pre-cuts (Paperback)
I was really quite disappointed with this book for a few reasons. Most of the quilt designs are very intricate and would involve hours and hours of sewing time. If you have the time to spend and want complicated patterns then you might like it though, but I don't. My main gripe though with the patterns is the amount of fabric involved. Some of the designs require yards and yards of fabric and multiple jelly rolls and layer cakes which must mean that there is quite a bit of wastage with each quilt. For example, one quilt requires 10 charm packs and 2 jelly rolls (which would cost approximately £160) and that's before you start buying backing fabric, binding and batting! That sort of cost just isn't within my means. If money and time are something you have plenty of then this book would probably suit you. The pictures are lovely and it is well written and put together but far too indulgent for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars How much fabric?!, 30 Nov. 2013
The ideas in this book are great until you read the fabric quantities. In an effort to use pre cuts the designs call for large quantities of fabric - 8 charm packs with yardage of supporting fabric. A lovely book to look at but if I make the quilts they will be much smaller!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Impressive Designs!, 12 Oct. 2013
Jenna @ SewHappyGeek (Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was so pleased to get my hands on a copy of this book - Fat Quarterly e-mag is very well known in the online quilt world for its new, refreshing designs and approach to quilting. I'd say this approach has extended quite well to print, too. The designs are fun and really make me want to get stitching and use up some of this fabric I've been stashing! There's a nice mix - a few very large quilts, smaller lap size quilts, on down to bags and small accessories. The techniques are explained extremely well, and although it's a precut book, there's a super useful section in the beginning to help you calculate how to use those fat quarters or larger cuts you've got stashed away.

So even if you've already got fabrics you want to use, and don't want to buy precuts, you can still easily figure out how much you'll need and how to cut it using the information and diagrams. I don't know why all precut books don't do this - quilters primarily stash in fat quarters (because they're cheaper than buying precuts all the time!) and we like to use our stash so we have a reason to buy more.

I would really recommend this book - if you're looking for impressive yet simple designs, you'll love this book. If you're looking for ways to use precuts in new, ingenious ways, I definitely recommend it!

Jen Excell
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely lovely, 3 Nov. 2013
Just so full of new ideas for precuts. And believe me, I have plenty of both books and precuts on my shelves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good idea book, 9 Oct. 2013
J. Macdonald "Judy M" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I liked this book because I found that the quilts in it were varied - some modern, some more traditional, some patchwork, some applique - plus there was a section on small quilted projects so it was not all about large quilts. There were tips throughout and the isntructions were fairly clear. I would not necessarily resommend this book to the novice quilter - probably more intermediate - although some of the 25 projects could be handled by a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jelly Roll & Charm Pack Book, 30 Sept. 2013
Thia is a lovely book, very informative and gives lovely ways to use Jelly rolls. Lots of tips and patterns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book EVER!, 26 Dec. 2013
I just love this book it is so informative. Brioni makes everything so easy to understand.
It is just Ace!
Buy it you will not regret it!
Teresa Unthank

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 30 Dec. 2013
This present was bought for my wife and arrived in good time for Christmas. The service was excellent and I would recommend Amazon to anyone looking for a good product at a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Nov. 2013
Beautifully written & illustrated.
Clear instructions for projects.
A must for both experienced& new to Patchworkworkers &Quilters.
Wonderful Christmas Present

5.0 out of 5 stars Jelly rolls, 23 Sept. 2013
A really lovely book and lots of interesting projects that can be for both beginners and more experienced quilters. Quite refreshing to see a different style.