Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 August 2013
I take my hat off to Zoe Clark. How can she produce another book of such quality and run a busy cake business at the same time ... I am in awe. This book is fantastic, full of beautifully executed and original designs not found in any other books, and there's no re-hashing of hers or anybody else's old cakes. I really like that there are several elegant novelty birthday cakes like the vintage black and gold Singer sewing machine,a mantel piece clock (with fabulous pocket watch cupcakes), a painted hat box, a mannequin dress cake, a really pretty jewellery box with draw, and a Bakelite phone (which makes some of the project good for men's cakes too). All are complicated projects which will thrill beginners as well as advanced cake makers who enjoy the craft and spending time to make a beautiful piece.
There are also a few great wedding cakes and there is so much technique used throughout, some of it quite new and not seen in books until now, it make it very rich in contents. For example, a couple of projects involve steel rod constructions (Zoe gives credit to Kaysie Lackey's technique) but not so complicated that they would be out of reach to most. Explanations are clear and she is generous with technique and design ideas (all the cakes come with matching cookie and mini or cupcake options).
As ever, she's very good at feeling trends in fashion and cake designs and products use, often using ganache, Sugarveil, painting, and making the best use of some of the great moulds on the market, keeping everything tight and neat and with impeccable taste.
on 11 December 2013
I purchased this book along with Chic & Unique wedding cakes, and I do feel this book offers designs that are quirky and not what you would normally come accross. Some lovely unique cake ideas for anniversarys, presents, partys etc. As with the wedding cakes book, as a teaching aid wouldnt be advanced enough. The instructions and receips arent easy to follow and not all the information is in the right place at the time you need it, resulting in a lot of backwards and forwards (not ideal when you are in the middle of making the cake)

The images and end result of the cakes you should be able to make (if you eventually find all the info you need) are beautiful and if you can master the skills to create flowers and designs as shown it would be worth the added efforts.

Other wedding cake books worth investing in are the Peggy Porschen range. I have been to her store in London, sampled many many of her cakes and own everyone of her books. They are fantastic!!
on 21 August 2013
I have all Zoe's books and her work inspires me greatly but to be honest im not struck on this as much as the others. The cakes are beautiful i have to give Zoe that but there is nothing really in it that i would re create ....I thought looking at the cover that it would be filled with pretty shabby chic cakes ....
on 21 July 2013
I loved this Book it is simply amazing ! There are many different ideas, very detailed and very very beatiful.
on 13 February 2015
WOW! I had come to associate Zoe Clark with neat but predictable, sterile looking cake designs. Actually stopped buying/ looking at her books after the first as all others I reviewed and the designs on her website all had similar techniques. Wasn't really interested in this either because the front cover looks very Zoe Clark. Boredom and the free offer on kindle were the reasons I bothered to look at this book. I am TOTALLY impressed. Well done Zoe. You are so talented and I am soooo pleased you've shown just how much more you are capable of. Novelty cakes are here to stay, they are a great part of entertainment at any function. An unusual one makes a perfect talking point and sometimes the most memorable part of the occasion for guests. I know many people from various backgrounds who will want every one of those cakes. Particularly love that she has executed these designs with her trademark precision. Love every single one of them and can't wait to try them. I do agree with the reviewer who suggests the instructions could be more detailed for beginners. I have been decorating cakes purely as a hobby for a while now and this book will take pride of place in my wall to wall, ceiling to floor collection of cake decorating books. In fact I'd have this one signed by her if I ever get to meet her. There's just one cake decorator I admire enough to religiously buy whatever they print without even previewing because I've never been disappointed and this Zoe Clark book will be sat beside that special collection. Looking forward to more spectacular books from Zoe.
on 27 March 2014
its got a lot of beautiful cakes. but hardly any proper instructions. not at all suitable for beginners.i give it a 2 star becoz it has lots of beautiful cakes. you may get ideas. but i wish it explained more
on 25 October 2013
The cakes are stunning, photos very clear and instructions easy to follow. Each cake can be easily adapted to your own design and I feel full of inspiration.
on 4 September 2013
I have already refered back to this book several times, some excellent new techniques, lovely pictures and easy instructions. well worth buying
on 8 July 2014
I love Zoe Clark and the books I have by her are great but I was disappointed with this one as I was expecting the book to be full of beautiful cakes such as the one on the front cover, however with just two cakes in the book similar to the one on the front cover and the rest being clocks, dresses and bags, this book was not for me at all.
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2013
I truly cannot rate this book highly enough. It is absolutely beautiful, and I want to make every single cake, cupcake and cookie in it!! I have lots and lots of cake decorating books, most of them have one or two projects I am keen to try. But, this book has page after page of beautiful things to make. I would say that these cakes are not really for beginners, but the photographs are so beautiful and the instructions so clear that anyone brave enough could certainly have a go!!

I am currently trying to encourage everyone who wants a cake to have something from this book, I can't wait to make them!