Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 March 2013
Bought this on a whim as a present for my niece and I'm very impressed. Full of great ideas that I think will appeal to children & teach a wide varierty of techniques. The instructions are really clear & simple and the introductoty section gives you basics about your machine & the equipment you will need. It also has a colourful, child friendly design with great pictures that really allow you to see how your projects will look.

I am sure my 7 year old niece will love it - however I am tempted to keep it for myself! As someone new to sewing I have picked up lots of tips and there are a few projects I want to try - particularly the bunting & the hexagon ball.

I would recommend it for children & novice sewers alike or anyone who want's to make a gift that will appeal to a child.
on 6 April 2013
This is a brilliant book for both the more experianced and first timers. There are easy explanations on how to do all the basic stitches and the projects are fun and achievable. They are suitable for both girls and boys and for all ages. Projects range from Rainbow Bunting to a Clip Clop Pony. Younger children will be able to complete with the support of an adult and older children by themselves. A beautiful gift for new parents or anyone with children or grandchildren. I love it! Thank you for making sewing available to all and most of all fun.
on 28 December 2015
Nicely put together book with some good ideas. However advertising it for 5 to 11 year olds is probably misleading. I think you would have to be at least 9 or 10 to have any chance of understanding the instructions on your own and even then most people would probably need lots of adult help. For children younger than that it is OK as an ideas guide for their parents if they are going to do every stage of the activity with the child. I bought it for a 6 1/2 year old and it was obviously too difficult.
on 8 May 2013
Love the over all style - the illustrations are appealing, engaging and very helpful.

The introductions to the basics, even the use of the sewing machine, are clear and easy to follow and make it very easy for an adult to assist the young seamstress / tailor.

Really fun projects - would actually be a really good gift for anyone who wants to get started at sewing or help little fingers to be creative away from electronic devices.

We love it!
on 25 February 2014
Full of great, fun ideas for things to make, complete with templates and clear instructions. Perfect for my 8 year old daughter.
on 31 May 2016
9 year old granddaughter loved the book so much that she was up at 6am making things before school! Well presented for children and easy to understand with clear instructions. I'd certainly recommend this book for budding sewers!
on 28 September 2013
Our six grandchildren have all enjoyed making stuff up from this great book which is packed full of wonderful ideas for all ages.. l have recommended it to our friends
on 26 November 2015
We will have some good sewing lessons with this book .really easy instructions.my 7 year old will manage quite well.a good reading. book too.
on 5 October 2013
Okay, but I don t like the layout not great value for money. A few useful projects but some quite ordinary
on 4 January 2016
lots of fresh feeling projects , will need a bit of help , not really beginners.