Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for a friend and was so disappointed. There are no full sized patterns in it. Unless you are very proficient with a photocopier this book is impossible to use. It is "not fit for purpose" for an average crafter. Magazines can manage to give you full sized pattern pieces as a pull out and so can some books. Please can Amazon clearly label those books which fail to provide full sized patterns. Not everyone has access to a photocopier.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2013
Stitch it for Christmas Have purchased many books by Lynette Anderson and was not very impressed by this one. Not many projects to make in at all. Would not recommend.
on 25 August 2012
Not the clearest instructions I have ever seen. For me a little more detail would have helped. Had I browsed it in a book shop I would not have bought it.
on 31 August 2012
Lots of little things, and quick to make. Plenty of present ideas. Can use fabric from my stash, maybe need to buy a little fabric, will always last until next year or patterns can be adapted to other seasons of the year.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 September 2012
I have to admit my first thought when I was this book is `there isn't much in it' as it is pretty thin and only has 7 projects in it. However, once I looked through it I can see they went for quality rather than quantity, the projects are absolutely gorgeous.

They combine elements of embroidery and quilting to make projects such as a red work stocking, an appliqué cushion, embroidered tree decorations and a santa wall hanging. A traditional Christmas colour palette of red and cream is used throughout. They look to be time consuming projects; however you will end up with heirloom items to use for many Christmases to come.

There is a techniques section at the start covering the basics of quilting and embroidery plus templates in the back of the book. Some of the templates are full size but some require enlarging by 200%. There are stunning photos throughout as well as diagrams to help you with the piecing, the instructions are a little brief in places so better suited to an intermediate stitcher or above.

If I had the time I would love to make all the projects in this book.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.
on 4 September 2012
This is a gorgeous little book. I want to make everything in it. Love the Rudolph motifs. I have several of Lynette's other books and love her style. Although a small book I was more than happy with its value for money.
on 5 December 2012
I was disappointed with this book. Not very clear projects. The projects were not really suitable for gifts, they are more like decorations,
on 11 August 2014
Table decorations, tree decorations, wall hanging to make with the traditional Father Christmas, snowman, reindeer etc. The designs are attractive and relatively easy to make and presented in a very downbeat way on matt paper which some people might like whereas others will prefer a more glossy look. Some of the templates are full size but others have to be enlarged by 200%. This is a bit of a nuisance unless it's something you do regularly, but the designs are quirky and cheerful and fun to make.
on 4 February 2013
If you know and love Lynette's style then you will love this book. Lovely stockings, a cushion, pictures and a delightful mat or table topper with primitive reindeer. You can copy the instructions to make the designs and embroideries or swap and change them to make your own primitive Christmas. Quite charming, as usual. My grandchildren love Lynette's work. So do I!!
on 6 May 2014
Not what I was expecting, childish designs and very disappointing not something any of my family and friends would appreciated.