5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST have for photographers using Photoshop, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Creative Photography Ideas using Adobe Photoshop: 75 Workshops to Enhance Your Photographs (Paperback)
As the book states the content is laid out in 75 "workshops" to enhance your photographs, It is presented in a very well laid out format using screen shots to "talk" you through the process making it very easy to understand.
My advice to get the best out of the book, would be to have a working knowledge of Photoshop first at least know where the tools are, how to import your images and save files etc..

I attended a workshop given by Tony Worobiec last year, he is a fabulous "teacher" and lecturer who does not hold back information about how to achieve a certain look and this book reinforces a lot of what I learnt without having to resort to my scribbled notes!
I would class my photography at an intermediate/advanced level entering local Camera club competitions and some nationals. I have been using PS Elements and now Photoshop CS5 for about 4 years in total.
Anyone producing images for Camera Club competitions will find this book invaluable, as will users who just enjoy producing good photos with the help of Photoshop whilst having fun in the process.
I have found this book one of the most useful and user friendly of the many I have bought on the subject of Photoshop.

The book is full of inspirational ideas and shows how to get the best out of an image with useful "tip" boxes included in most sections.
Advice on photography and other products that are available is also incuded.

To sum up - don't hesitate buy it now and happy processing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 6 July 2013
Assumes that you know what you are doing with a camera.

Isn't trying to sell you software / Cameras or the author's prejudices and preferences.

Not padded with off-subject waffle or unnecessary graphics.

Written by an adult for reasonably intelligent adults.

Quite fabulously packed with ideas and tips and hints to help you make your good shot into a spectacular one!

Bang up to date and inspirational content.

Should Tony Worobiec appear at a camera club near you - go and see his work; He not only knows the theory, his work is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Says What It Does In The Title., 1 Dec 2012
A. Donaghey - See all my reviews
Like most people these days I upload my photographs onto a computer for storage. Some just don't look that great so I started looking at how to improve them and began trying to use Adobe Photoshop. I'm very old school so when I struggle with stuff I look to books to help. Browsing Amazon I found this book whose title,Creative Photography Ideas Using Adobe Photoshop: 75 Workshops to Enhance Your Photographs suggested the very solution to what I wanted to do plus the Worholian cover looked like a fun thing to do.
The problem with this book is that the stuff I wanted to correct has been done but the pictures and projects are so inspiring that I've been out and taken more photographs. As I began to follow the next steps and successfully achieved the quality via the easy to understand steps I've realised I have a new hobby.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've learnt new skills., 7 Nov 2013
I consider myself a fairly competent CS5 user, I bought this book on a whim as I am going to see a presentation by Tony Worobiec and looked him up, read the reviews and bought this book. I consider it one of the best tenners I've ever spent. It takes you through the steps to achieve a given outcome. It has forced me to master a number of techniques that I was a little sketchy on. I sat with the book and went through it page by page even on stuff I new I understood just to see if Tony does it a slightly different way, as Photoshop normally has multiple ways of completing any desired outcome. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to explore the capabilities of Photoshop a little bit deeper, easy to follow, very rewarding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Photography Ideas Using Adobe Photoshop: 75 Workshops to Enhance Your Photographs, 23 Dec 2012
This is truly an excellent book full of simple to understand exercises which enable the writer to develop their Photoshop skills with ease.

I have played with some images I have taken of models in the past and applied some of the techniques described in the book. The responses I have received back have encouraged me to do more.

The writer suggests some great ideas and I have already been encouraged to look again at those mediocre images sitting it a 'not bad' file and upgrade them to a 'Ones I really like' file.

More ideas soon, please Mr Worobiec.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative (and Practical!) Ideas, 3 Dec 2012
A really good book for people who already have a working knowledge of Photoshop. The writer knows how to take us to the next step without the use of technical jargon and the accompanying photos are a great help in showing how we should be doing. It is refreshing to see an author/photographer who has synpathy with people who know they have a goo photograph but who are unsure how to make the best of what they have and who can lay this out in terms that the average layperson can understand. Great!

Barbara Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent guide to Photoshop, 15 Dec 2012
Although I had used Photoshop for a few years, I realised that I needed a book like this to help me explore various techniques in more detail in order to enhance my photography and go beyond the normal comfort zone. "Creative Photography Ideas" consists of 75 discrete workshops organised into six chapters, which cover aspects of toning, mono effects, retro photography, composites, creative use of filters and further special effects. The layout and explanations are very clear and the images are, as usual from Tony Worobiec, of high quality, whilst forming a realistic starting point accessible to any photographer. I find the size of this book ideal for having at the computer desk - preferable to trying to refer to a collection of magazines - so I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Photography Ideas by Tony Worobiec, 7 Dec 2012
This book certainly delivers on it's title. I wanted a book that would help me improve and enhance some of my best holiday pictures so that I could frame them. I have purchased Tony Worobiec's practical books previously however this particular book not only presents great ideas but clearly articulates how to create them yourself.
The instructions are very clear, concise and easy to follow even for a novice like myself. My newly enhanced pictures have opened up a new world for me.

Martin Simpson