5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun
I ordered this for my 9 year old daughter who has basically taught herself knitting and is growing bored of knitting scarves for her teddies! This book is so cute and really well put together, the ideas are so cute and seem easy enough to understand - though my daughter has had to go on YouTube a couple of times to learn a new stitch or two! She is really enjoying...
Published on 11 Aug 2012 by FLB

3.0 out of 5 stars easy pattern for quick knit dollies
I have always enjoyed crafts, everything from crotchet to embroidery, and I have a number of these knitted toy and dolly books. I admit that I was disappointed when I started to go through the patterns.

The athletes are basically the same doll just with different outfits. These outfits are not knitted like other character knit books, but to be made of...
Published on 26 July 2012 by Su

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Topical and Adaptable Book, Great for All Levels of Knitters, 1 Jun 2012
Wobette (The Wild West) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympknits: Knit Your Own Team of Medal-Winning Athletes (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love knitting toys and I am always on the look out for new ideas and this book is perfect in the run up to the olympics but is more than just a one-trick pony (or Handsome Horse - as per the pattern in the book!)

Most of the dolls are identical and simple to make using only Knit, Pearl, Knitting Two Together and Increasing by Knitting through the back of stitch. They are completed on 4mm needles and with Double Knit Wool.

There is a wide range of sporting outfits to make and will a little imagination you could turn them in other clothing, for example a running vest could be extended to become a shift dress or simple wedding dress and Edward the Equestrian is already in a suit.

This is ideal for children and adults as the dolls will take shape very quickly and they will see progress rapidly.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute little book, 24 May 2012
G. Cook "jillcook27a" (Essex england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not an experienced knitter so I was not sure if I could manage the projects in this book. It turned out that the little people were fairly simple to knit and fast. It covers most sports and I think the figures would make young and old smile.

3.0 out of 5 stars good for the moderately, 17 July 2012
margesimpson "wifi" (sussex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
skilled , this book is great for someone that is new to knitting or just wants a quick simple knit for the children to throw around , its good at what it does which is give you a basic "athlete" to make and slight changes are made to each doll to give them the charachter and different sports involved, the downsides as i see are its a very snmall book and as said each charachter is only slightly changed from the other , the clothes are all sewn as well rather than knitted . good little book but not detailed enough for my tastes

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 4 Jun 2012
Mrs. Denny S. Abeykoon "Genuine reviews from ... (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
The Olympknits: Knit 18 champion athletes and a handsome horse

I got this book because I have seen the patterns by the author#s work in another publications and I've always liked her patterns.However I was very dissapointed when I received this book.

The first thing I noticed is the poor quality of the photos.The knits look amateurish and a badly knitted. I just didn't feel like any of the olympknits. The only thing that this book has going for it is the fact that its compact size and therefore easy to transport.I definitely not recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gold, Silver and Wool, 8 Aug 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If knitting were an Olympic Sport, rest assure that my Nan would be a multiple Gold Medallist. For decades she has been knitting dolls for charity and must have made 1000s. Therefore, when I was given the opportunity to test out Laura Long's `Olympknits' there was only one person I wanted to help me - Granny! `Olympknits' consists of several knitting plans for different sporting disciplines from swimming to equestrian (including the horse). As well as a knitting guide the book also contains templates for little outfits to dress the characters in.

From a veteran's point of view the knitting plans and templates were perfect, the book is crammed full of them and anyone confident in knitting can get on with it. For a beginner like myself the plans were a little squashed on the page and didn't always make the most of sense to me. Therefore, `Olympknits' is a book aimed more at the enthusiast knitter rather than the absolute novice.

In terms of presentation the book is a triumph. The ideas for different characters are funny and cute. The photographs of these various dolls are also great with Long putting them in situations that suit their sport e.g. in the pool, or on the track. For the joy of just seeing these images, the book is worth getting for any keen knitter with a passion for sports. They will appreciate the book as a piece of art, but will also be able to make something if they so wish.

3.0 out of 5 stars Novelty knitting, 12 July 2012
Olivarovich (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This small book of olympic knits gives the instructions on how to knit a variety of olympic athletes. The figures are all quite similar. I doubt any of them will ever be knitted.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Olympknits: Knit Your Own Team of Medal-Winning Athletes
Olympknits: Knit Your Own Team of Medal-Winning Athletes by Laura Long (Paperback - 30 Mar 2012)
6.03