5.0 out of 5 stars simply goregous
Published on 5 Mar. 2013 by J. Summerson

3.0 out of 5 stars templates
Most of the templates in the book needed to be enlarged and I have no way to do this. So I have not been able to make any of the projects
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars simply goregous, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Pretty Patchwork Gifts: Over 25 simple sewing projects combining patchwork, appliqué and embroidery (Paperback)
What a brilliant book this is, the projects are really easy to do with clear instructions and templates, you will have to enlarge some templates which I know can drive some people to distraction including myself, but I promise you its worth the effort as you'll love the finished product, I've made a few things out of this book the first one being the house cushions you see on the front cover and you can use your own imagination to make them look different, I've made the patched heart and a pin cushion all of which I enjoyed making and was lost in my craft room for hours.

A delightful book which wont disappoint, very simple projects if your an experienced crafter you'll find these a doddle to do you could treat the projects as a easy break away from your more complex project, for the beginner you will find helpful hints, tips and instructions I'm not very experienced in sewing and I found the instructions easy to follow. I love this book and I'm really glad I bought it as this book is one of my favorites and beleive me I've bought loads of sewing books!.

If you love all things hearts, flowers with houses and birds then this book is for you as it has a very cath kidston feel about it, go on buy it I promise you'll love and I bet when you make one of the house cushions you'll be hooked on making more like me!! I have them everywhere in every possible colour in every room of my house.

Enjoy||

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pretty projects, 29 May 2013
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
If you love patchwork but don't have the time or patience to make quilts then this book would be ideal for you. It comprises of 25 small patchwork gifts from little brooches to patchwork cushions and bags made up in pretty vintage chic style fabrics.

The whole style of the book is pretty with cute little photos, useful tips in colourful boxes and hand drawn sketches of the gifts and plus some of the stages scattered throughout. The templates are at the end of each project, most require enlarging by 200% which may put some people off.

There's a good mix of projects so there should be something for everyone in this book.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 25 Sept. 2013
Like many others, I have bought several sewing books in the past, however this is the best by far. Great illustrations, clear instructions and beautiful fabrics used throughout. Have just completed the first patchwork pillow and was delighted with the results. Love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great!, 29 Mar. 2013
Simple to follow.. great artwork and colour... . lots of lovely ideas to re create or adjust to my own themes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 29 Mar. 2013
Lovely book full of fun and interesting textile makes. Don't know where to start first! The patterns and instructions are very clear and lots of images to help too. The cost for such a lovely book is extremely good. I recommend this book to anyone with some sewing skills, but a good sense of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY PRETTY THINGS TO MAKE, 25 Sept. 2013
I love this book. I have found it very easy to follow, and have made a few things now, including the rabbit, mouse and hanging mobile. Easy instructions, great detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty gifts, 12 Jun. 2013
Great ideas, with a nice twist to sewing projects.Very versatile.Can't wait to try these with the residents in the nursing home I work in.They are going to love making them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little gifts mean a lot, 7 Jun. 2013
Frances S. Heales (STOUGHTON MA USA) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book with clear instructions for making a range of small sized gifts that will appeal to both donor and giver. They do not require a big outlay and are fairly quick to make, but they are useful and very acceptable for many occasions, Thank you, Birthday etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good learning tool, 3 Aug. 2013
Plenty of ideas. Ideal for craft stalls to raise money for charity groups.Have made some of the items.Good for ideas if anyone what's to make sewing a hobby.

5.0 out of 5 stars PRETTY PATCHWORK GIFTS, 17 Jun. 2013
This book is so brilliant, I am making rabbits for all the little people in my family. They love them.