4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty embroidered and quilted projects, 15 Sep 2012
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Quilt a Gift for Christmas: More than 20 beautiful projects to stitch with love (Paperback)
This book contains instructions for 21 projects that you could make for Christmas, involving quilting, patchwork, appliqué and embroidery techniques. Projects include a fabric covered scrapbook, embroidered cushion, a stocking, a festive table runner and a snowy tree skirt. I'd say many of the ideas for are things you would make for yourself for Christmas rather than as a gift but there are gift ideas in there too.

I was a little confused by the techniques being at the back of the book not the front, it goes straight into the projects and I was wondering how to do some of the embroidery stitches mentioned. However, once I got to the end of the book I found a guide to the embroidery stitches used and the appliqué techniques as well as the templates (some need need enlarging). So I would recommend checking the back of the book before starting.

There are useful tips scattered throughout the book and all projects have in depth instructions as well as several photos of the close up detail as well as of the finished item.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Christmas Things, 12 Jan 2013
Mariana (West Country, England) - See all my reviews
Bought this book for myself, hoping to make some of the things before last Christmas. However, I was a tad over optimistic and didn't make anything at all....hoping to do so for Christmas 2013! There some very pretty and useful items to make and none of them are too difficult. I particularly like the embroidered items. The book is well presented and the instructions are comprehensive and easy to understand. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, 2 Nov 2013
A very good book my gran kids can help me with some of the things to make.so we are busy making Christmas Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars quilt a gift for christmas, 14 Feb 2013
i bought it for my sister in law and she loves it thankyou for your excellent service
as always quick

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty projects, 6 Dec 2012
kiwi girl (nottingham, england) - See all my reviews
I was hoping for some big quilt projects and was a little disappointed with all the small items (stockings, table runners). That said, I really do love this book, the ideas and patterns are lovely and I'm sure I will use it for many projects

5.0 out of 5 stars quilting, 25 July 2014
plenty of good ideas for Christmas projects

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites, 30 Nov 2012
Bought a few craft books and viewed so many more. This book and 2 others were my absolute favorties. Just got them this week and am itching to try out the recipes... only problem is to deside which project to start on.

Stitch It for Christmas
Quilt a Gift for Christmas
Quilt a Gift for Little Ones

Can not recommend enough :)

Quilt a Gift for Christmas: More than 20 beautiful projects to stitch with love