on 23 April 2015
This is a useful handbook for new students, returners, mature students or those taking a second degree. Anyone in any of those categories would benefit greatly. Although it is written with university in mind, those taking vocational or higher level professional courses that involves assessment and exams will find it an additional help. I cannot fault the advice in this book and the practical exercises on the companion website make it a must-have book for any learner. A++ I would personally recommend you buy this book to before/right from the first year for best results.
on 13 May 2014
Many tips in this books as I was personally nervous about going to University after having been out of education for a while. But this book helped me feel very prepared and I'm glad I bought it as I still refer back to it quite often. :)
on 22 September 2008
I'm not a student, but have been using this book at work. Lots of very useful tips and strategies - I really like the note-taking section, which makes you think of a better way to take notes - so that not only do you not forget everything from a meeting or presentation, you seem to come away with much better knowledge of the key points.
on 30 May 2015
Ideal just what I needed to orginise my studies at Uni.
I really liked the practical emphasis of this book. Really useful sections on reading and taking notes, for example - the bread and butter of student life but so often completely ignored by books that prefer to spend twenty pages waffling on about "learning styles".

The one downside for me is that it's rather long - 312 pages, and they're big pages with really small writing. I feel that this density makes it less accessible than it might otherwise have been. Plenty of good advice, though...
on 18 February 2013
Great condition, brand new. Sort of useful for my degree to be honest I think they put it on the list for no reason but worth reference if you need a hand.
on 16 February 2013
This book is really good. It really helps students in all processes of studying. I find it invaluable on my academic course in health care.
on 16 November 2014
Very good book, I would recommend it to anyone starting university as it can help you understand and improve on a lot.
on 6 October 2013
An easy to use guide on how to begin university right! I often refer to it when writing assignments and essays, as well as during study time.

It came within 24 hours, which was amazing.

I highly recommend this book to people who are a bit unsure about uni.
on 29 December 2014
nice, arrived on time, really happy with item