5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 22 Sep 2008
I'm not a student, but have been using this book at work. Lots of very useful tips and strategies - I really like the note-taking section, which makes you think of a better way to take notes - so that not only do you not forget everything from a meeting or presentation, you seem to come away with much better knowledge of the key points.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Essential Study Skills: The Complete Guide to Success at University (SAGE Study Skills Series) (Paperback)
I am very thankful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 May 2014
Many tips in this books as I was personally nervous about going to University after having been out of education for a while. But this book helped me feel very prepared and I'm glad I bought it as I still refer back to it quite often. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 Feb 2013
Ms K. Coates (northern ireland) - See all my reviews
Great condition, brand new. Sort of useful for my degree to be honest I think they put it on the list for no reason but worth reference if you need a hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Study skills, 16 Feb 2013
This book is really good. It really helps students in all processes of studying. I find it invaluable on my academic course in health care.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and practical, unlike many other study books, 12 Dec 2011
I really liked the practical emphasis of this book. Really useful sections on reading and taking notes, for example - the bread and butter of student life but so often completely ignored by books that prefer to spend twenty pages waffling on about "learning styles".

The one downside for me is that it's rather long - 312 pages, and they're big pages with really small writing. I feel that this density makes it less accessible than it might otherwise have been. Plenty of good advice, though...

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 6 Oct 2013
An easy to use guide on how to begin university right! I often refer to it when writing assignments and essays, as well as during study time.

It came within 24 hours, which was amazing.

I highly recommend this book to people who are a bit unsure about uni.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good book, 3 Nov 2011
Just bought this book as i've started uni recently. It's a worthwhile buy, has lots of different chapters, such as tips for reading, note making and coursework, so is relevant to every course.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant little book !, 28 May 2011
This book is great ! I was recommended it by a fellow student - so glad I was . Its easy to follow and understand, full of practical hints and tips, helps to remove some of the pressures of uni life!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Looked good at a quick glance., 2 Oct 2013
I bought this for my daughter, so I haven't actually read it, but I did glance through the sample and it looks very helpful.