5.0 out of 5 stars Hilariously entertaining.
I didn't know what to expect as had never encountered Agatja Raisin before, but was overjoyed with the whole set.

Immensely entertaining and interesting.Penelope Kieth is truly excellent as Agatha, as is the actor who plays James Lacey, Agatha's on/off boyfriend.

Published 3 months ago by Ronda S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as the books
As a diehard Aggie fan I was keen to listen to these. I have to say I was a little disappointed. Although they are entertaining I don't think you can beat reading the books and I don't like the way they have had to cut the plots to fit them into the episode timescale.
I'm also a tad annoyed to see that they've been massively reduced since I purchased them which has...
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by broadie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilariously entertaining., 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Agatha Raisin Radio Drama Collection (BBC Radio Drama Collection) (Audio CD)

Up until the Curious Curate story, the character of Bill Wong the policeman is played by Ben Crowe and fromthe Curious Curate onwards, a different actor takes over the role
Also the character of Roy Silver, Agatha's outrageously camp and funny good friend, is also played by a different actor up until the Curious Curate story, when another actor takes over the part. I preferred Ben Crowe's version of Bill Wong as when the different actor takes over, he sounds rather too gruff to the Bill Wong we had become accustomed to hearing, but I actually preferred the second actor who took over the part of Roy, though the first was okay, the second one to play the part of Roy was so much more suitable I feel and certainly much more hilarious to listen to. A lot of the dialogue between Agatha and this character is so laugh out loud funny that I'm sure the neighbours must hear when I listen in bed and can't control a laugh out loud moment at one of Roy or Agatha's witty remarks or banter. Agatha is anyway acerbic and funny most of the time and I can highly remommend these CDs to anyone who enjoys light hearted but interesting fun but with a darker element thrown in.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific entertainment, 20 April 2012
I love these audio books. Perfect entertainment and a good many laughs. I hesitated at first because of the price. Now I know that the money was well invested. Good choice, highly recommendable!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb!, 20 Mar. 2012
C "readaholic" (FARNBOROUGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I absolutely loved the audio series, Penelope Keith is the perfect Agatha! I laughed very much and it has brought me on to more M C Beatons other works

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 radio dramatisations...brilliant, 24 Nov. 2012
C. FULLER (Brixham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I am a fan of Agatha Raisin books and radio serials/plays and will be reading and listening for many years to come. I think that the casting of Penelope Keith as Agatha Raisin was perfect and I think M C Beaton's stories are very well written and amusing and often the mysteries as good as any writers. The radio dramatisations do change the stories and characters but they are just a variation on Agatha and I still enjoy them as much as the books. When I read the books I can see Penelope Keith playing Agatha and Malcolm Sinclair as James Lacey as well. The chance to buy the 10 CD box was not something to turn down as if you do shop around you will find it available for a good price likewise the individual CD sets. I am hoping that there will be more from Agatha but the most recent radio serial dates from 2006 so here's hoping...

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic cheaper at thebookpeople, 9 Feb. 2013
I absolutely love these CDs. Never read the books but enjoyed stories and Penelope Keith's and rest of casts peformance. Found them by accident on book people website for a fraction of price. Was looking for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars and they are terrific. As a long time M, 26 Jun. 2014
I am nore than half finished listening to the set, and they are terrific. As a long time M.C. Beaton, Agatha Raisin reader, I find them true to the character I have in my minds eye, and well done. Penelope Keith is a perfect Agatha.

5.0 out of 5 stars great easy listening, 22 April 2013
i listen to this while driving to the south of france was easy listening funny and made the journey feel not so long

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR REPEATED LISTENING, 7 Feb. 2014
I am hooked would recommend to anyone who loves Agatha Raisin and wants to listening again and again I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Agatha Raisin Radio Drama Collection, 24 July 2013
I like the radio version of these books - they're just the job to hear when doing the ironing. Penelope is good as Agatha Riaisin. The abridging is also quite effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Penelope Keith at her best, 22 Oct. 2013
Peter Joiner (England) - See all my reviews
Even if you listen to all the stories one after the other you won't get bored, Penelope Keith well suited to the part, stories flow well and there is continuity.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Agatha Raisin Radio Drama Collection (BBC Radio Drama Collection)