Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 22 December 2013
I actually bought this for my severely disabled son as he is potty about buses. However before I wrapped it up in Christmas paper I had a good look through it myself. Plenty of photos and text - all very interesting especially as 30 years ago or so I lived not far from the Hall Green terminus. I must confess I am an fan of David Harvey's books - I like his style of writing and presentation.
on 30 January 2014
First of all I love the the subject of the book - and anything that David put's his name to about Birmingham.but sadly some of the photos could have been reproduced better by Amberley and that slightly spoils the book. But If you are a lad from Kingstanding ( as I am) this is an absolute must so buy away.
on 22 April 2014
I used to ride this bus route for many years. As a child when visiting relations and then as transport to get to work.
I used to live not far from the Pheasey Estate terminus and this was in the days when the estates had a more limited service than today. But is still brings back many memories of past times.
A good book to reminisce with.
on 15 January 2014
As always David Harvey researches his books well and provides so much interesting information. The photographs used are of a very high quality and the extra information regarding the other cars and commercial vehicles is always accurate.

Royston Morgan
on 23 January 2015
Interesting to see the old streets again & to see how much things have changed!
Pity it could not have been printed on art paper ! ( Ex- printer talking )
on 18 February 2015
As an ex Cotteridge Garage bus driver I. Went over t o Yardley Wood garage quite a lot and worked mainly on this bus route.bought back good memories.Excellent detail correct facts throughout.
on 7 October 2014
David must be the most prolific of writers about Birmingham transport. As I was on the city transport as both a conductor then driver from 1962-83 it proved very interesting.
on 24 April 2015
David Harvey continues to delight with his excellent fund of knowledge about public transport in the city and the vehicles which provided it.
on 19 April 2014
Good cross section of photos taken in Birmingham over the years

Recommended if you have a bus or local interest
on 28 November 2014
very pleased with books of Birmingham brings back a lot memoires