5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Gripping Stuff
I'm one of those people who either takes months to read a book or simply never reach the end. From the moment I picked up The Leica Pursuit I couldn't put it down until it was finished.

Superb story and I'd highly recommend it.
Published on 27 Mar. 2012 by Colin from The Outer Hebrides

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, poorly presented I am afraid.
I read the book in one sitting. Not because it was "gripping" but rather because its 24 chapters over 133 pages in large type with some chapters less then a full page long. Thought it was good to clarify that this isn't a novel but nearer a short story or novelette.

Published on 18 Sept. 2012 by Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, poorly presented I am afraid., 18 Sept. 2012
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Leica Pursuit (Paperback)

I have a liking for Leicas (sic) and this book intrigued me. Took it on the plane on a two hour journey to Italy and finished it in that time. The story starts well enough but I think this is Irving Freed's only book and regrettably it shows. Its a sort of mystery but theres really not much mystery as its rather predictable. Ok I learned a bit about cameras and that was interesting but the story is week, predictable and why oh why bring in antique dealers as characters called Lovejoy and Tinker? If that was to add spice, I think they get a sentence and why the "sex" scene in the hotel bathroom which adds nothing to the story and is so improbable that it seems to be added to add some sexual tension to the book, which it doesn't need.

The concept of the book is a good idea but the reader is left thinking about the holes in the tale. How does the camera get to teh auction and why does its contents from the War only now come to light.

If this was an English school essay it would be a "c" and could do better. Its a shame as the idea is good but the presentation is lacking.

Sorry Mr. freed only 2 stars from me.

2.0 out of 5 stars A good idea, but it didn't work., 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Leica Pursuit (Paperback)
The storyline actually had quite a lot of potential and the book could have been well worth reading. Unfortunately, it was let down by the poor writing and the inclusion of such unlikely turns of events, that the whole thing was devalued.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Gripping Stuff, 27 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Leica Pursuit (Paperback)

Superb story and I'd highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Leica Pursuit (Paperback)
I have just finished reading The Leica Pursuit. I found it absolutely enthralling, cleverly written with an excellent knowledge of the subject, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for written entertainment.

The Leica Pursuit
The Leica Pursuit by Irving Freed (Paperback - 27 Mar. 2010)