Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 October 2014
Ok I firstly appreciate what the others are saying about the cost of the book and the length of the book but if downloaded to your kindle at £1.99 it is worth the cost.

However this aside, call me a soppy old mare :) .... having my own devoted black and white springer spaniel it hit home hard... but cry omg tears were streaming down my face by the end of the book. This is a short story about war, loyalty, trust, friendship and loss.

Yes the book only took 15 to 20 minutes to read but it is a children's book when all said and done and for me it was just right for the market it is aimed at - to get children and young adults who may be reluctant to read interested in reading and confident readers.
on 22 January 2016
I wasn't gripped at the start. Try 'The Child and other Animal Stories'. Those really do grip straightaway. I see what other people say, the writing is a little bit like a trailer for the real event. The narrative voice is very one dimensional. However the ending was hard hitting, informative and tear jerking which I imagine is what the author wanted to portray .
on 29 September 2015
This story must be based on a true scenario it is exactly what a dog of this breed will do with a person who it spends its life 24/7 in the same company. A very gripping story unfortunately all to short.
on 5 November 2015
'War Dog' is about a dog that gets his leg blown off in Afghanistan. I would recommend it to age 10+, boys or girls. If you like dogs, you will love this book. Emily (10), Millbrook School
on 19 June 2014
i enjoyed reading about a different aspect of the ongoing conflicts, and have now passed the book to my grandchildren. However, I thought it was fairly expensive for its size.
on 28 January 2014
Very limited stories. Poor value even for short stories.It was like reading a trailer for a movie. So much more could have been developed.
on 1 March 2016
A really great short story from Chris Ryan featuring Charlie a bomb sniffing dog. I just love these quick reads
on 15 January 2014
Quick and easy service, will use again. Book is a birthday present for my wife, so I am impressed with service.
on 25 October 2013
The book and content was good. It was so short though. I read it in ten minutes and to be frank it was not worth the money. It is advertised as a short story but this is too short.
on 20 July 2014
Great story but very short, unimpressed as only took 10mins to read .