5.0 out of 5 stars Back on track!
This is the best 'ghost writer' Vampire Diaries yet! It is very exciting and well written in a style I think similar to LJ Smith's. I just couldn't put it down - just like the original LJ books!
Published 15 months ago by Mr. Thomas Perkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Seriously bad, but improves towards end
Published 18 months ago by lovesbooks

3.0 out of 5 stars Seriously bad, but improves towards end, 7 May 2013
I am halfway through this book now, and I WILL finish it! I say that in bold as it is a real challenge, I just cannot get into it and am having to force myself to continue. The thing is I have read all the books in the series, and even though this is so bad, I cannot not know what happens because it is The Vampire Diaries!! And however bad it is I will still read the next one, as the earlier books (that were actually by L.J. Smith) were just so good that I have to keep reading even though they are no-longer written by her. It is hard to pin-point why this book is so bad. It's not the story line - that is just fine, interesting enough. It is definitely something about the way it is written. It skips about from perspective to perspective all the time - one minute you are reading the story from Stephen's perspective, the next Meredith, the next Bonnie, the next Matt. Hardly ever from Elena, not in comparison to previous books anyway. In fact, so far she has been very much on the sidelines. All this skipping about means you never really gel with any of the characters, not enough depth is developed. And there are so many new characters it is hard to keep track of who they are, or care at all about what happens to them. So far something seriously incredibly dramatic has happened to one of the main characters, and I practically skimmed over it - I just didn't care what happened because of the way it was written, it just didn't make me feel involved in the story. Sorry to go on, but I have to, I just don't think that the sentences flow properly - I can't work out why - they just don't seem to be written right. So basically, if you don't really like The Vampire Diaries, don't bother with this, but if you are a massive fan like me - you might as well give it a go, because, after all, it is still The Vampire Diaries!!!
Update (later same day!): I have now finished this book, and the final third did improve, and I started to care a little what happened!! The writing seemed to flow better near the end as the action intensified. The story and twists were interesting. I've upgraded the rating to three stars, although I think the first half is only worthy of 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Book, 1 Sep 2013
This is a good book and I would still recommend it but I personally think it's no way near as good as the other Vampire Diaries books. All the others were really good and I think the ending of the 10th book was good and she should have stopped it there. With all the other books I wouldn't do anything else until i'd finished it (I read all the books from 1-10 in a week) but with this book I wasn't excited about finishing it. I also think that it wasn't L.J.Smith that wrote it as some of the characters personalities were different e.g. Elena and Mr Flowers. But as I said i still think it is a good book just not as good as the others in the Vampire Diaries series.

1.0 out of 5 stars When will this one-track record ever end?, 26 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: 11: The Salvation: Unseen (Paperback)
I have been reading the series since the beginning, I did not know that the actual author only wrote the first three novels, then it was a number of ghost writers that filled in to continue the series as far as it is along now.
I have several issues with this series, not only do I feel like it has gone on for far too long, I feel the characters are completely different people.

Elena went from this powerful, confident, independent, beautiful girl to nothing but a cry-baby that sits around and cries and talks about how fragile she is and hugs Stefan and kisses and slops all over him and then all over Damon. She has turned into nothing but a baby.

Stefan also seems to have lost some of his typical Stefan charm and at least half of his backbone.

Damon? he's changed a bit, but for actual reasons.

Katherine?! she has turned into a slightly darker version of the original Elena and has pretty much taken the original Elena Gilbert's personality spot.

My question is, why is this series going on for so long when it has been dragged through the mud, put on repeat and is now stuck in a little hole it can't get out of? I am so disappointed as I have been a huge fan of the Vampire Diaries since I read the first book. I fear the series is only being continued so long as an attempt to make money, even the author originally stated the original series ended with novel three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on track!, 12 Aug 2013
Mr. Thomas Perkins (Plymouth, Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: 11: The Salvation: Unseen (Paperback)
There is a twist at the end that I never would have seen coming however this ending may divide opinion on the book as some readers won't like it. Let's just hope we get what we want in the next 2 books and this ending isn't final! I can't say much else without giving too much away but once you read it you'll know what I mean.

*edit 29/06/14*
Well we didn't get what we want (well what I want anyway) in the next 2 books. The next one, The Vampire Diaries: 12: The Salvation: Unspoken, is good and exciting, well written etc like this one, with another excellent unexpected ending. But the last book, The Vampire Diaries: 13: The Salvation: Unmasked, is awful. Very hard to read and undoes everything from the whole series! Avoid at all costs and just make up your own ending!

1.0 out of 5 stars enough already, 18 Sep 2014
bad ghost writer. Bad! Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done!

I literally cannot say how rubbish all the books since 'PHANTOM' have been. Just dont waste your money after book 7.

Anyone looking for a GOOD vampire series away from this drivel that has replaced 'Vampire Diaries' go and check out the 'Vampire Beach' series by Alex Duval. A much better read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Diaries The Salvation, 14 July 2014
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: 11: The Salvation: Unseen (Paperback)
Good read as always with all the usual characters all playing their part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book, 1 July 2014
A gripping book in. The vampire series. The book is are more thrilling than the TV series and so very different. The books are so mind blowing you just cannot put them down.

5.0 out of 5 stars great series, 30 Jun 2014
Loved this series and loved getting to know the characters - great series

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 25 May 2014
Bea (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: 11: The Salvation: Unseen (Paperback)
Great for me.. Looking forward book number 12:)) Can Elena live without Stefan? what she will do without him? ;))

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 23 April 2014
I didn't mind this book, and I found the characters, especially Elena to be a bit more bearable. I am a bit annoyed though that people keep saying "not another one!" if you don't want to read it, don't.

The Vampire Diaries: 11: The Salvation: Unseen
The Vampire Diaries: 11: The Salvation: Unseen by L J Smith (Paperback - 2 May 2013)