5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected delight!, 22 July 2014
Mary Lavers "CozyLittleBookJournal" (Dartmouth, NS, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Claude on the Slopes (Hardcover)
This book was an unexpected treat. I didn't realize when I requested it from NetGalley that it was a junior chapter book rather than a preschool picture book (there are still lots of pictures, but it's about 95 pages long and the text is divided into chapters). I also didn't realize it would be so delightfully hilarious! I was hooked by the first page, but by the time I got to this line I was in love:

"He lives with Mr. and Mrs. Shinyshoes and his best pal in the whole world, Sir Bobblysock, who is both a sock and quite bobbly."

When Mr. and Mrs. Shinyshoes are at work, Claude and Sir Bobblysock go on all sorts of adventures, this time finding themselves sledding and skiing down a large snowy mountain and rescuing people from an avalanche (which they may or may not have caused in the first place).

I'm so glad there are other Claude books because I can't wait to read all of them with my four-year-old, Magda!

Magda's Take:
"It's a really good book. It has really good illustrations and words. I want to meet the author and illustrator and publisher. Make sure to tell them that if they email you, we'll make sure to email them back. I want to tell them that I like the names of the owners--Miss Shinyshoes and Mr. Shinyshoes. It just blows my mind. Oh, but the best part is when Claude hangs upside down by his skis on the bench thing that goes across the pole. I definitely want to read more Claude books!"

This review was first posted on my blog, Cozy Little Book Journal, and is based on a digital review copy I received through NetGalley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it!, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Claude on the Slopes (Hardcover)
A brilliant book. Beautifully illustrated and such fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, with a 'retro' look, 8 Jun 2014
This is a charming tale of Claude and his best friend, Sir Bobblysock, and their adventures on the ski slopes. Surprisingly long for a children's picture book, with lovely 'retro' style illustrations, this is a sure winner for kids ages 6 to 10 (blurb says 7 to 11).

Reviewed in exchange for a preview Kindle copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 May 2014
I really enjoyed this book because it told you lots about the book and lots about the people with detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody's happy, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Claude on the Slopes (Hardcover)
Bought this for my 7 year old daughter and she really enjoyed it. She has 4 Claude books now and has enjoyed them all.

She's happy, I'm happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Nov 2013
Niki Butler (Warwick, Warwickshire, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Claude on the Slopes (Hardcover)
Kids and parents will love this book. My kids are 7 and 4 and enjoy reading all the Claude books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Claude on the Slopes (Hardcover)
Great sense of humour and fun for young and old, laugh out loud funny.
It is the perfect length to capture my daughters attention and to ensure she falls asleep just before the end .
Alex T Smith is my secret weapon at bedtime, this young man has tapped into something that my children love and I can read again and again and always have a chuckle.
Buy it, you can thank me later.

Claude on the Slopes
Claude on the Slopes by Alex T Smith (Paperback - 2 Oct 2014)
4.99