5.0 out of 5 stars A book that will get your heart racing
Exciting. Romantic. Gripping. Fantastic.

Synopsis: Anna Winterson doesn't know she's a witch and would probably mock you for believing in magic, but after moving to the small town of Winter with her father, she learns more than she ever wanted to about power.

When Anna meets Seth, she is smitten, but when she enchants him to love her, she unwittingly...
Published on 19 Feb 2012 by Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite a Good Book
You can read more reviews on my book blog, [...]

Witches. I love them. Ever since I've watched Charmed, witches have managed to be the mythical creature for me. Naturally, when I read the title, I had high hopes.

A Witch in Winter is set written by an English author, and set in England; I admit, despite being English myself, I haven't read quite a...
Published 19 months ago by The Teen Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars page turner, 17 Sep 2013
I loved the style of writing. The characters. I ccouldn't put it down and had to find out what happened.
I loved the main character Anna. How she wanted to do right, but things kept happening to her. Loved how it was set in the uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A Witch In Winter, 9 May 2013
I recently finished reading this fantastic book and then went on to read the rest in the trilogy. I couldn't put it down, quite often I found that I had stopped breathing. I can't recommend it enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Witch in Winter by R.Warburton, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter (Paperback)
OK story. I found it hard to read at times, kept putting it down. I didn't really like the story, if you like supernatural or shifters, witches and other supernatural beings I'd tell you to give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bewitching story, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter (Paperback)
I remember finding out about this book around the time it was published (a good year ago). A little leaflet promoting A Witch in Winter had been sent to me in another book from Books with Bite. However, I didn't notice it until this year, when Amazon decided to make it pop up in each and every one of my book suggestions. Finally, my curiosity won out and I bought it. In return, it brought hours of quality writing to lose myself in. So, on to the story which (may I very happily add) is based in England...
You've got your city girl Anna- content with her home, her school and, of course, her friends. Not too keen on leaving it all behind to join the secluded town of Winter and, like (almost) any teenage girl, believes that the only `magic' is a great sale. But times are tough (what can a girl do?) and she moves with her struggling, single father to Winter to start afresh.
First day of school and bam! we meet Seth. Oh Seth, heart-breakingly gorgeous (and, may I add, attached) Seth. Maybe not the nicest guy at first but Ruth makes it hard not to love him. What a girl would do to make him hers...
Then, one night, no parental supervision, an ancient spell book and a few tipsy girls change everything. Suddenly, Anna finds herself caught in a web of love and lies. The oh-so-lovely Seth is madly in love with her (as if under a spell) and there's Emmaline- the anti-social girl who seems to know more about what Anna's done than Anna does. It's not long before the facts are out- Anna is a witch- a powerful one at that.
Soon, it seems that there's no way out- she has tried and tried but she doesn't know if she's been able to undo her mistake. Moreover, she could never have imagined her actions reigniting an ancient Witchy War- something that threatens to utterly consume her and all those around her.
At the end, it all comes down to love. Anna desperately wants to love Seth the way he seems to love her but how can she?
Warburton gives us a beautifully written debut with enchanting (can't help it) twists that left me gasping, anticipating and dying to know how it all ends. When love is tangled up in magic, how do you know what's real?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trilogy, 9 Mar 2013
Great to find something so different and no my normal book. Can't wait for the next book to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. I would definitely recommend it, do not be put off by other reviews. It was my fave in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 16 Jan 2013
i must say out of 8 or 9 books i have read recently a witch in winter has to be one of my favourites the plot keeps you stuck in its grasp!! i can't wait to read a witch in love!!! :D <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Jan 2013
I read this book in 2 days and I just loved it from the start. The story line is so clear that the book is really easy to read. All I can really say is that this book is truly amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A witch in winter, 31 Dec 2012
This book was great .it had a good plot ,was full of action and had many surprises throughout .not a single sentence wad boring. The witch in winter is fabulous .

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter (Paperback)
This was part of a set for my daughter (12) she loved the other books and wanted them all.

Value for money and fast delivery.

The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter
The Winter Trilogy: A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton (Paperback - 5 Jan 2012)
3.85