5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Kids!, 26 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
Didn't think my girlfriend could love dogs anymore than she already did, but this book proved me wrong! Haven't actually read it myself, but I have it on very good authority that it was a well chosen birthday present...thank god 'fur' that! (wallop)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 15 Nov. 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
This is a great book and I would definitely recommend this book and if you haven't read the first book, 'Poppy - The Dogs Trust Dog' I would recommend it also. This book is about lots of cute puppies it's even got Blue Peter featured in it. If you are an owner of puppy or getting one, it's got lots of top tips for caring for a puppy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gift for little dog lovers, 26 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
I originally bought this as a gift for a friend's little girl and had a flick through myself. It's an excellent read combining an important topic, a worthwhile cause and fantastic story telling. I was also told that she loved too so it works for all ages. Excellent Christmas present idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sheer joy!, 13 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
I bought this for my 9 year old niece who has just got a rescue puppy. It's full of great advice for young puppy owners, plus lots of adorable true stories about puppies that the Dogs Trust has helped. Beautifully written - the puppies are really brought to life and it's lovely to know the Dogs Trust get royalties. I'll definitely be buying the other Poppy book too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming but not overly sentimental - a great book for all prospective owners., 27 Dec. 2010
A. I. McCulloch "Andrea" (Co Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
A lovely book for all who love dogs - suitable for children of 8 upwards, but also well-written, so that it engages adults too. The book contains the story of Dogs Trust Dog Barney, who became the new Blue Peter dog, and Daniel the Spaniel, who was also shortlisted for the role and is now one of the recognisable faces of the Dogs Trust alongside Poppy the Lurcher. (The 'Poppy' of the title.)

The book gives some very helpful hints on dog ownership, as well as telling the stories of many of the Dogs Trust dogs. The difficulties of dog ownership aren't dodged either.

The stories are beautifully written, with a much higher standard of writing than is the norm for this type of fundraising book. My purchase was a Christmas gift for my dog-daft grand-daughter, aged 9, who absolutely loves it.

Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'd be barking mad not to!, 26 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
I bought the first Poppy book for my children when we got our new puppy, and they loved it. I'm so pleased there is a new one in time for Christmas as it will make a great gift for my nieces and nephews! It's great that this cause is being highlighted to the new generation, and it's so well written too. Even better than the first one - keep them coming! Woof.

5.0 out of 5 stars pure joy from beginning to end!, 28 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
My daughter dearly loved the stories from the first Poppy book and I was going to wait for Christmas but caved in and bought this straight away. Educational, hugely enjoyable and as wonderfully written as the first book. A winner all round. Sophia Fergus creates some really warm and memorable characters which spring effortlessly to life. Hopefully, there will be further installments in the near future. These stories would also make excellent material for a childrens television series and that too would surely help to spread the word about the truly great work that The Dogs Trust do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poppy's puppies, 7 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
I absoloutly Love this book and I am 9. It is also for adults as well. I want to have a dog rescue when I am older so this book is very helpful.

all the puppies are cute in this book and I read the one about Snowy the deaf terrier again and again. great book and it is just heartbreaking hearing what the poor puppies have been through. the tips are good and I love the information about dogs after every story.

I think personally if I was working for blue peter I would have picked Daniel the spaniel!

buy this book if you love dogs!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
on behalf of my daughter I write this review , dogs trust is close to her heart as she sponsors a dog so enjoyed this book to the full !

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies (Paperback)
An ideal book for any young dog lover with all the stories of the dogs from the Dogs Trust. My 10 year old enjoyed reading this.book

Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies
Poppy's Dogs Trust Puppies by Sophia Fergus (Paperback - 7 Oct. 2010)