5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I started reading the first book and had fallen in love with Alisa by the time i had finished the first chapter.I find her character to be very inspiring and deep. Alisa/Sita is a 5000 year old vampire, sometimes you forget that she looks like an 18 year old the way she is protraid in the book. She is extremely powerful and yet gets her ass handed to her on a number of...
Published 22 months ago by Susan Appleby

3.0 out of 5 stars it was ok
this book was ok i guess i read the few chapters and just couldn't get in to the book but someone else might like enjoy this book
Published 11 months ago by Miss S. Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring collection, 15 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I have never before read a Christopher PIKE book,the way he writes is spell-bindingly different, the view he takes on writing the twisted story is magic,even though I found it quite difficult to appreciate to start with. All is explained......in the end!

1.0 out of 5 stars should not be placed anywhere near Twilight or Vampire Academy, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: Last Vampire: Volume 1: Last Vampire & Black Blood (1 & 2) (Paperback)
bought this at my supermarket store, where it was under the section teen fantasy/romance and next to Twilight and Vampire Academy series. judging by the cover i thought 'hey this is going to be a cool kickass vampire read'... sadly i was mistaken. male authors should NOT be writing from a females point of view, it just did not work for me. by one quarter into the book, i found myself wishing the book to end sooner. the book feels rushed, the other characters aside from Sita and Yaksha were under-developed. Sita falls in love and sleeps with Ray almost instantly. too many reference to 'krishna' which sprang up alot and annoyed me quite so. too much unnecessary babbling in my opinion.
in-conclusion... this is not a read for those who love twilight and vampire academy series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont judge by the cover!, 5 Sep 2010
These books have been given a new look 'trendy' cover I feel to draw in the crowds. The ones I have have a cartoony feel with a silhouette of the main character. Naughty marketing ploy!

Anyway, the cover aside, I have read this installment and have the other books in the bookcase but cant bring myself to read them. I almost never do that! The books were annoying, I think thats the word I want to use. The story itself could have been good, but there was nothing to draw you in really, I was halfway through and was wishing the pages away. The prose was simple, the author made some use of a thesaurus I think on many an occasion and I felt the chapters just plodded along, a sentence thrown in here and there with no passion to the storyline or the writing.

Perhaps I'll return to the others, perhaps not. I kind of dont care, which is a shame.

Last Vampire: Volume 1: Last Vampire & Black Blood (1 & 2)
Last Vampire: Volume 1: Last Vampire & Black Blood (1 & 2) by Christopher Pike (Paperback - 3 Jun 2010)