5.0 out of 5 stars marvelous
started reading it for new year and implemented not eating bread (and nudles and anything that contains wheat, barley and rye). three months later
1. a 30 year old cough has disappeared
2. no knee problems
3. no reflux
4. dont seem to catch a cold anymore

and the best is that I can drink red wine again without getting stomach problems.
Published 11 months ago by Pseudonym

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but I wanted more
If you have a casual interest in brain health or wish to learn about the benefits of low carb living, this book is well worth reading. For me, with some knowledge about these topics already it was a bit disappointing:
1. 25% of us carry the ApoE 4 gene which predisposes us to Alzheimer's. I agree with Dr. P that genes do not equal destiny. But I really wish he had...
Published 15 months ago by Late-Night Reader

‹ Previous | 17 8 917 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not an easy read but well worth it, 9 April 2014
At times reading more like a medical paper, this book will challenge the way you eat and think about food forever. As an opportunity to influence one's own mental agility in the senior years, it needs to be grabbed with both hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative., 6 April 2014
This was a well written ,easy to read book. The author was passionate about his subject and I got carried along with it.
I attempted to go ' gluten free ' afterwards but it's not that easy to do. However, the main points of his book will stay with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grain Brain, 2 April 2014
Brilliant book, well worth a buy if you are interested in better health. I am now gluten free, very little sugar or dairy and feel much better on it. The author also has a great web site and email updates.

5.0 out of 5 stars why is everybody not reading this book?????, 31 Mar. 2014
This book has ther power to change the way people eat for the great benefit of long term mental health. WHY WOULD EVERYBODY NOT READ IT AND FOLLOW THE ADVICE FROM AN EXPERT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 11 Mar. 2014
A must read, what they don't tell the public. It makes one aware and able to take control of your health. So much research to back up this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and interesting, can change the way you deal with various health problems, 2 Mar. 2014
Read it if you have no proir knowledge regarding gluten and its inflence over our bodies / brain. If you gave prior knowledge all the better, as you will expand on your expertise.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very interesting read, 23 Feb. 2014
Anyone interested in their health should read this book. A very interesting interesting read if you have arthritis or diabetes.

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant book by a brilliant physician, 3 Feb. 2014
Dr.Perlmutter, who is a board certified neurologist and a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition has come out with some amazing facts about our daily diet and it's implications. With recent research he has dispelled the myths about eating eggs, butter, coconut oil and shown the detrimental effects of wheat and so called low fat, low cholesterol food. Till recently, I have been buying zero fat yoghurt and when I read the food label I found that it contains more sugar than the normal full fat yoghurt. I had been eating extra sugar to avoid the fat! Coconut oil has been vilified in the press, condemned and denounced as a cause of high cholesterol leading to coronary heart disease. I read in the papers now, that Alzeimers disease is being treated with coconut oil. Dr. Perlmutter advocates the use of coconut oil daily in our diet to keep our brain functioning well in our old age.
This is a must book for anyone who is interested in good health specially where our brain is concerned. Together
with Dr. William Davis's book on 'Wheat Belly' they make an important contribution to maintenance of good health.
I would like to thank Dr.Wayne Dyer for giving publicity to 'Wheat Belly' in one of his recent interviews, which prompted me to buy both these books. - Dr.P.M. Weerasinghe UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing yet so simple, 19 Nov. 2013
Clear and convincing evidence of the dangers of modern diet and the great advantages of cutting out carbs. Start now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever that HUMANKIND MUST READ, 14 Feb. 2014
Mr. Eriks D. Teteris "Tetty" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is the Best book ever that HUMANKIND MUST READ, it is a mind blowing look at one of the biggest problems that we are facing, in what we have blindly started to accept as the one thing that we trust, may actually be our worst hidden enemy.
I'm seriously concerned.

‹ Previous | 17 8 917 | Next ›

Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth About Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar - Your Brain's Silent Killers